UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps iv just bough my 3rd car just selling my golf mk4 and now got an audi a4 b6 avant sport in silver. does anyone have any ideas on what i can do 2 make it look taste full ant not chavy like the oem scene its got 18" old rs4 alloys anyway.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I wouldnt change the alloys....They look nice on the avant. Have you got any pics?

One of the lads here has a nice lip spoiler put on the front bumper and a chrome grill that looks nice

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
na its got the standard hidden exhaust would like the twin thoe and i was thinking about s4 grill and possibly bloss black the badges???? but my mates say black roof n im not too sure??? and anyone know how much the carbon inserts are for the dash or any cheap way of doing or swap iv got the gloss black look to it???

Thanks

·
Registered
902 Posts
You already have the S-Line front bumper you little frigger! I really want that look, changes the stance of the car imo.

Black roof only works on a white car, not right on silver, I think anyway!

Those old style RS4's are ok, I'd say your first job should be to get the twin exhausts going!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol the xhausts do look the part but id need to change the bumper wouldnt i? and quick question but my insurence is telling me my car is a quattro???? i havent look under it yet tho.

·
Registered
902 Posts
As you have no visible exhausts, I assume you have a 130bhp TDI. Look in the service book or under the boot carpet (in the spare tyre well) and fine the engine code on the sticker. AVF is quattro. Or pull away fast... spinning= 2wd, no skidding = quattro. Also, look under the back of the car for the mechanical stuff related to 4wd - driveshafts and stuff (I wouldn't know the difference from a 2wd car though!)

Come to think of it, on that sticker, it will say A4 avant/A4 wagon and then 'qu' after it if it's quattrio.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oh, and you don't need to change the entire bumper, you just need the lower valance - and I've been told that any lower valance from a 2001-2008 A4 will fit, but not sure about that (2001-2004 defo will though)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok thanks mate do you think a cupra r splitter will fit nice or not really??? and thinking s4 grill upper and lower??? and with the re-map does it blow loads of smoke at all???

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yes, I've heard a Cupra splitter is a good addition, I was planning on it when S-Line bumper.

Not sure I know the difference between the S4 and standard grilles, but it's had to go wrong with styling on the B6 (inlike the MkIV) as long as you stick to OEM. A re-map depends on the wuality of the map. The higher you push the map, the more smoke you're going to get. I get none at all - running supermarket diesel with a regular dose of millers diesel treatment. If you have a quattro, remember the wheels don't slip EVER (apart from snow/ice!) so all the stress is taken by the clutch and a map set too high will kill the clutch really quickly... a SACHS upgrade clutch is about £1500! (Why I have mine set at 160bhp, even though it can go to 180)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
o right ok thanks just dnt want diesel pooring out the back to be honist and are there any interior mods u no of doin i just want to get a idea of what i can do really.

Thanks

·
Registered
902 Posts
Interior:

- Armrest

- Ambient lighting (front and rear)

- Cruise control

- Auto headlights with dimming mirror and coming home function

- Factory Nav unit (£££!)

... To name a few!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
iv got the armrest and the auto headlights with coming home but how would you do the ambient lighting? and will the sat nav workjust by putting it in cause i done that to my golf and the sat nav part didnt work.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You have an armrest and auto lights? I hate you!

Anyway, no, as I understand it, you need to get a new cage to hold it, code it to the car and get the gps wire etc. I've not done it, but think it takes a fair bit of work - look on vwaudiforum.co.uk or tyresmoke.net as there are some threads there that go into detail.

Ambient lighting - I'll get you a pic next time I'm in the car!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts