UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture the scene - it's a beautiful day, the sun is shining and you're walking alongside the beach with your wife and daughter, the views of the beach and the coastline are spectular but I can't help but look at the swirls in the paintwork of the cars I'm walking past and think "that'd probably come out with a bit of effort or a machine polish"....and then the possibility of me having an OCD with car cleaning hit me.

Please tell me I'm not alone......pleeeease. [:$]

[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
lol power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I see another UK audis news alert coming!!!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rich. I feel better knowing I'm not alone.

Stevee, be careful with that news alert - Tabs said our quota is one of these per month:

[:D][<:eek:)]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
you are not alone dave, if i look at any decent motor, that wants cleaning, waxing,detailing etc i always think the owners should get it done

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
lol. Ive got a German theme'd news flash going through my head but i think it might not be PC!!!!!! lol

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote user="davelincs"]

you are not alone dave, if i look at any decent motor, that wants cleaning, waxing,detailing etc i always think the owners should get it done

[/quote]

Decent motors is understandable but some of the cars I was looking at were older that weren't in great condition. With a bit of TLC though, most of them would've looked so much better.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My problem is locking the car - we can go shopping, park the car, all get out, press the key fob - lights flash, try the door handle = LOCKED

so why do i get a panic attack and run back to the car to check if it is locked?

i go through the same procedure - even the missus will check/confirm that the car is locked but i still have to check for my own piece of mind!!!!!

now started to happen when i lock up at night - can be in bed but i have to nip down to try the door EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IVE LOCKED IT!!![:mad:]

is it just me??

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote user="adey"]

My problem is locking the car - we can go shopping, park the car, all get out, press the key fob - lights flash, try the door handle = LOCKED

so why do i get a panic attack and run back to the car to check if it is locked?

i go through the same procedure - even the missus will check/confirm that the car is locked but i still have to check for my own piece of mind!!!!!

now started to happen when i lock up at night - can be in bed but i have to nip down to try the door EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IVE LOCKED IT!!!

is it just me??

[/quote]

No, it's me too. And the other half does it too!

·
Registered
390 Posts
[quote user="davelincs"]

So thats what ocd stands for, open car door

[/quote]

and the hits keep-on-a-comin [funky] bubum!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
i quite often press the button and watch out the window to make sure the lights dont come on inside to make sure its locked.... my mrs runs round her car and checks all 5 doors even so its remote CENTRAL locking lol and i have to clean both cars pretty much every week cant stand dirty motors lol although if its cold or bbq weather they get left lol

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
I think most drivers check there car doors after rusing the key fob to lock the car, i know that i do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts