UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my car is a 1998 1.8 T A3 agu and i have replaced the maf for a bosch unit last week with a slight improvement and i have replaced the lambda probe today for an ngk version which has made a big improvement to the performance but it is still not quite how it should be. As the title says does anyone know roughly how long the ecu will take to relearn for the optimal settings as it has been running for some time with both of these parts not up to standard. Also changed plugs , air filter , coolant sensor , breather pipes , added a check valve in line with the pcv valve , N75 J and cleaned the throttle body and adapted with vag com. So far i have only driven a few miles with the new lambda but i am going to give it a good run this weekend. Sorry for the long post i have put every thing down just to save time. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing when i was cleaning the throttle body in the week it started raining so the engine got wet and after readapting the throttle body i started the car up and it was running on three cylinders but cleared up after a few minutes if anyones got suggestions for this obviously water got in somewhere it shouldnt have but where is what i am asking. Also vag com measuring blocks group 016 shows a misfire counter on later models but on my ecu it shows voltage which i presume is the power of the spark is there anyway of reading this for fault finding. I can log this and post it up if needs be. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All sorted i just cleaned and used dielectrical grease on all connections i,e maf , ignition amp , coil packs. Runs perfect now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts