UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I popped back into see my old friends on UKMKIV's and was told to come over here and say hi.

Cant believe Ive never come across this before, so appologies for being so dam late!

I used to be the extremely proud owner of a Reflex Silver 25th Anniversary, Petrol which was kept in a MINT condition standard (apart from the ever corroding wheels). Due to a job change and a company car requirement I had to part with my beloved Annie and sold her to a guy from Edition 30 Forum. Not seen her since, and still miss her.

So, after 3 months/11k miles in a vauxhall Insignia with 22" rims hire car whcih was a pile of dog. Finally after a very long wait I received my Audi A3 2.0TDI Black Edition 4 Door. Since December, Ive run up 17k miles, gone through one set of tyres and replaced with Pirelli P Zeros. Love the Bose, hate the lack of power. Love the Quattro, hate the lack of boot space.

Will try and get some photos up shortly - she needs a bit of a detail as Ive been spanking up and down the M1 and not had a chance to get to her.

Look forward to being a valuble forum member and perhaps spotting some of you on my travels.

CURLY

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What made it so bad? Apart from being a vauhall. Cheap Plastic, guttless, uncomfy, hard ride and noisy engine.

Only thing good I will say about it, the engine was abused for 11k miles by me and it never failed or went wrong. So if you drive like mansell all day, and dont mind looking like a rep then the insignia is the one for you..

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
A friend of mine has the 160bhp diesel as his rep mobile, and even though it has 160bhp it only has teh 0-60 times of the 1.9Tdi 130 B6 A4..... Must be abit of a porker...

[snack]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
170BHP, but it needs to be 200. Knew the Quattro would take alot of the power but didnt expect it to suck it dry compared to the anni.

Its coming out of r/bouts that I notice it. 2nd is too high, 3rd is too low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts