UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Well its easy to get the key to the alarm. But to get the key coded to the immobiliser you have to have the SKC code. (special key code). to get this you have to go to VW or have a program called Vagtacho. This will give a 4 digit code which you code the new key with. [Y]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I bought a new key on ebay - it has to have the exact same part number and frequency to be used on your car. Ive got someone to program it for me tomorrow evening. Hope it works, im not sure if i need a new transponder for the key yet. Will know more tommorrow. It depends on the year of the immobiliser and the version used.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
my mate with vagracho tried to connect with he ecu and he cuodnt. Aparantly with audi ecu it's hit and miss. Took it to vw and they culdnt program to new key. Tbh it's so much hassle. I'm looking formoney back from eBay vendor

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
You can't with vagcom. You need a program called vagtaco to get the pin, then you can use vagcom to program the key

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think you used to be able to get the SKC from VAG-COM, but the ECU's were updated at some point and I think it's 7 digit now.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah, you're right, sorry!

And if the car's 2005+ the dealer won't know the SKC as it's all automatic when the car's plugged into the dealer's machine (So Ross Tech says!)

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
The dealers really have you over a barrel.....not much we can do really. I think they have to connect to the fatherland to get to a database to get the code.......Its what im going to have to do

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yes, you're right again. It's called the GEKO system apparently. I bet there's some way though, we just haven't heard about it yet!

·
Registered
496 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]You can't with vagcom. You need a program called vagtaco to get the pin, then you can use vagcom to program the key

[/quote]

Damn - Audi Ripping you off FTW :( lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can retrieve the skc i have mine ,the problem is getting a new transponder for the key , the cheapest i have seen a transponder is 30 notes

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
So much mucking around though, Audi is just so much handier and not that much more expensive

1 - 17 of 17 Posts