UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear wiper is stopping too low down for some reason(just catching the boot lid!) feels as if the arm has worked loose on the motor. how do i go about tightening it back up, i ask because i cant seem to get the cap off!! thanks in advance

·
Registered
425 Posts
As adey said...you have to pull the cap off from the centre! Then unbolt... remove wiper... reposition.... bolt back up!

IIRC it hinges towards the wiperblade!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another quick question. anyone tried vmaxx coilovers out? toss up between vmaxx or spax (£130 difference for spax but there adjustable) dont want my fillings falling out

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
When you have that cap off sometimes you really have to swing off the wiper mechanism to get it off, they become welded to the housing, Audi have a proper puller to tale them off.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Whatever you do, don't go at it with too much vigour and end up breaking the glass. I did that with the front screen on the Golf. Oops.

·
Registered
27 Posts
best way to get the wiper arm off is to lift up the blade and arm when you have removed the bolt asif you were washing your car, then using the blade /arm lift it up and down wiggleing it till it comes off always worked on loads a wipers for me.[:D]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts