UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - thought I'd introduce myself having just joined - I am due to pick up an '06 A4 2.0 TDI Avant SE end of this week and am looking forward to it, although I think I will miss the power of my current V6 engined mondeo ST220. (I've had a number of ST Fords - hence the username). Fortunately the TDI has loads of torque, so not too bad on that front!

I'm hoping that the Audi ownership experience will be a little different to owning a Ford! The cars certainly feel more solid - hopefully the next couple of years will confirm my choice as a good one...

I'll post some pics once I have it if I can work out the method!

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Welcome along mate! Those mondeos always got good reviews. Id say the tdi will cost you alot better on fuel!!

Any pics of the ST?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There should be really shouldn't there... I've been too busy enjoying the sheer pace of the thing for the past 18 months to take photos! I might take a few before it goes. Only problem is that as I have always found with Fords, it has hit a point at which it is starting to feel like a lot of things are going to go wrong soon, as it is feeling rather tired in some ways (about 50 000 miles) and various items such as corroding alloys (a common problem with older fords) started to make me feel it either needed serious money spending on it or it had to go. One thing is certain, whilst the Audi is very pleasant to drive, it doesn't have the liveliness of the mondeo. Wierdly I quite liked the A4 for that reason. I must be getting old! I've had a couple of mondeo ST220s and a focus ST (2.5 5Cyl nicked from Volvo!) and the mondeo is easily the better car of the two in the round. Am hoping that the long term experience with the Audi will be a positive one and that i'll be talking about it in positive terms in the future - I really can't judge yet as I've not even taken delivery!

Cheers for the welcome stevee - appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts