UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

hope every is ok on this nice sunny day
, well just a quick hi as i am reading some good theads about audis on this forum.

right i am kenny mids 30's
i have had my SIG car below for a week now, & i am well happy with it.
rns-e rules & it is a great audi as it feels so so new, the bloke beofre as spent loads on the serivices etc, & had many parts replaced to be on the safe side ( good man ).

it needs a dent sorted out on the pass side front arch on the inner lip near the splash guard, only a 1/2" one but i dont like the sight of it.

but when i change to 2nd change sometimes it as a little judder but i think its me not used to the short 6 speed box
still getting used to the gear box as the gears are short & feel so so smoth, but down changing gear i need too find the right speed too.

however i have come from a a4 130 se tdi fwd to this car & beofre that 1.9 i had a nice modded scooby sti v4 import ( spent too much on her but i loved her to bits ).

also i had a 1.8t sport in 2000 with a one of body kit from autostyle.

well thats it from me for now, cheers

kenny

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Welcome along mate! The 2.5 is very smooth isn't it. How do you find the economy vs the 1.9? Mind you, anythings cheaper to run than a scooby. Mate of mine has a 02 wrx that had full sti kit, rims and interior, with the non boggle eye front fitted too. Brembos too. It had prodrive pack. All adds abit of cost!! Was quick enough but had lots wrong with it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate

i worked out that i spent a mad bad £28 k !!!

inc the scooby for 10k however that inc wear & tear stuff too not bad for 5 years of fun.

but i rebuilt her once full build inc some nice upgraded stuff inc crank etc... .

plus 2 half builts ie head gaskets only a small fault but a pain of a job for my mech.

however the 2.5 is a super great car & not to bad of fuel as yet, only done about 400 miles so far if that most are motherways.

maybe 44mpg tops some 33 most of the time around town & b roads.

but i have a mate who is sorting me out a nice ECO remap soon to help my fuel bill, plus give me a litlle bit of boost.

as i had a map on my 1.9 tdi 130 bhp to about 165 bhp and loads or yummy torque but the flywheel had a bit of judder ;(.

so i removed it & left it standard for a few months, as i wanted to upgraded well i had the chance too.

i work for my self so i had some isa savings etc, & sold the 1.9 to fund the 2.5 & this one must last me now for a few years maybe 5 or more :).

fingers & toes crossed it will

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
That's the thing, the torque is a flywheel killer. That's alot of money you spent! My friends scooby had been in a crash and had a bent subframe. It was spooky on roundabouts. Even at normal speeds the back would want to twitch and it even went 360 on my friend, at normal speed! What bhp might you get with a map? 200?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers folks for the warm welcome, to be honest the scooby days are over for me.

as i work for my self doing pc support, what is ok just stable now what is ok as i have some free time to do other stuff.

& i have worked some daft hours for companys before so i like my breaks ;).

however i do miss her folks, & the map will get a good 200 bhp but mad torque along it does not do some damage to the clutch & flywheel as this audi is so so sweet at the moment, all most like new to me.

so just thinking about getting better MPG what is a good thing with a bit more boost when i need it, or for my fun moments on a quiet road or 5.... .

cheers

kenny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts