UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Im Tom from Scarborough. Just bought my first Audi - 03 A4 FSI sport couple of weeks ago :) !

Used to a member on a 106 owners forum with my old car, so reasonably familiar to the form side o things!

Heres some pictures of the new ride.....shout out what ya think!

Cheers, Tom!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i kinda outgrew it really...im 6'6 so literally as well! Other than that, always liked the golfs, but then decided against one as i prefer saloon shapes really, looked at a few bimmer 318i's, passats etc but ended up finding my a4 about 3 weeks ago which completely sold me! so here i am! what MK5 you driving? assuming from your avatar... guy at work just got one similar, a black GT TDi, nice car!

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Fair enough, I can see your height may be a factor ! Mine is a GT TDi, lowered and remapped to 191 BHP/283 lb ft torque

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds nice! mines still sitting on factory 150bhp :-/ still, the 106 was only 75 so a considerable difference :p. They do look so nice when lowered as well just had so many problems after lowering my old car - dont know if i dare with this one!

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
I agree - I think not too low is best. Mines only down about 20mm so can still go 5 up. I used to have a beetle that was so low it got stuck on speed humps and Multi storey carparks were out !

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the 106 was like that, could only have 1 person in the back and they had to sit in the middle! full 5 people in the audi and cant tell, way easier!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Lowering's all about finding the right balance for the looks that you want, as well as teh practicality that you need. The bigger you go with the former, the less you get with the latter.

You'll learn to tell when you're 5 up once you're really familiar with the car though, that I'm sure of [;)]

Welcome to the forum chap, the A4 looks in lovely nick - what wheels are they, not a set I'm familiar with seeing on them?

C

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very true, although super low always seems to be pulled off on near enough any car with the right subtle tweaks!

To be honest im not sure what wheels they are?? :S asked on VW/Audi forum and noone seemed to know really...one bloke said theyre off a MK1 TT but were very rare - I've still not seen them on any other Audis around where i live! If anyone knows that'd be cool, would like to know what ive got on the car lol!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll keep an eye out then :) they certainly set the stance right...get just enough poke out the bottom but nowhere near enough to bring the tyre tread outside the arch. and the fact noone else seems to have em!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. That's a tidy motor!! And [Y] to the wheels - different but not too different, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers for the welcome guys. and ta for the comments on the car i agree, does seem tidy for its year! gonna get the wax out later and treat her to a good polish up!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cheers man, is a tidy example for the year! dealer i bought it off ended up giving it 2 valets with a full engine steam clean and everything, easy start for me to keep it that tidy lol.

·
Registered
607 Posts
welcom to the site mate! just a slight upgrade?!(106 to A4) lol like rags to riches for you then, nice looking motor there mate and that engine bay[H] very nice!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts