UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would let you all know that I have joined your excellent forum. I live in Fife Scotland and take delivery of the audi below next week after a final holiday in my departing Scenic 1.5 dci.

I have had a couple of Audi 80's in the past and although I switched to Renault for 3 years I am glad and excited to be buying an Audi A4 1.9tdi se which although older than my Scenic is much better car. I nearly bought a Megane cc!! I am glad I had a look at my options as that was going to cost me £10,000, Then I went to look at a mint A4 Cabriolet but never realised it was a 2.4 petrol till I got there and then I spotted the Avant and as It was in such good condition with one owner I bought her instead.

Photos of the cars below.

Talk to you all soon.

Andrew.

Audi I am Buying.

Audi I went to look at but it is a petrol 2.4

MY OLD 80.

IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/andrewxsi/DSCN0064.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS, How much roughly does it cost to have the rear windows tinted darker including the rear doors? any idea?

Thanks again

Andrew.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Hi Andrew. Welcome to the forum.

Window tints won't cost a great deal. Around £200 I'd say.

At the risk of sounding like a big girl, I like the colour of the new motor. Reminds me of a Pug I had.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome Andrew. Great choice of car. Those TDI's will go on and on (and on and on and on and on!) if serviced properly!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Audi has only done 80k which is quite low for an avant which is on an 02 plate. It is fully serviced wth 7 stamps in the book, a cambelt change just done and will come with a full mot,and aircon service. It drives so good, no squeeks or rattles, still feels new and tight.

I am looking forward to giving the car a polish with my autoglym HD polish. I does look like moonstone blue from peugeot.

Thanks for all your help.

Andrew.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Both motors look sweet. Is the tdi a 100bhp or 130? If it's the 100, then a remap will revolutionalise it! Welcome along

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes its the 130bhp engine, is that a lot better than the 100bhp? #

I know Jim at Star Performance(only 10 mins from my house) so I will have the car serviced there and maybe ask about a re-map.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
[quote user="Andrewxsi11"]

Yes its the 130bhp engine, is that a lot better than the 100bhp? #

I know Jim at Star Performance(only 10 mins from my house) so I will have the car serviced there and maybe ask about a re-map.

[/quote]

They virtually the same apart from a few mechanicals that determine what bhp it is.

The 100 can go to 130-140 and the pd 130 can remap to 160-170.

The only thing about the remap is that it will be harder on the clutch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts