UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Chris from the Isle of Wight, picking up my first audi, an A4 Quattro Sport 2001, previously been a big big vauxhall fan selling my old mk3 gsi now. bit unsure of how these engines / cars work

·
Registered
219 Posts
How u doin Chris, welcome to the forum!

Used to have a few vauxhall's myself before moving to the wonderfull world of VAG.

Have never looked back since then. Im gussing your A4 Quattro in a 1.8 20Vt?

If so it's such a sweet engine. Strong as an Ox, reliable (jamie wouldn't agree) and very tuneable. Not to mention pretty good on fuel (for the performance anyway).

If you haven't already parted with your cash chek the site, and other forums for some things you need to be checking before buying (waterpump, turbo, clutch, coil packs, timing belt etc).

If you need any info about any diy work there are loads of how too guides.

Now all you need to do is plan some mods, a nice remap, air filter or induction kit, dump valve and exhaust [:D]

Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it's a 1.8T, been looking at what to look for. spoke to the dealer says all service is up to date, runs well and all works fine. shall wait till i see it saturday

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, I'm new myself too. Excellent choice of car, I'm on 6th VAG car now and couldn't see myself driving anything else! Unless I win a lot of money and get myself down to a lamborghini showroom. You won't regret moving on from vauxhall, You'll notice the step up in quality even though the new vauxhalls aren't too bad at all

·
Registered
399 Posts
They're still crap plastic [:S]

Welcome to the forum Chris... Have it for a couple oef weeks and then let us know the plus's/con's - sure we can direct you to fixes for the cons [;)]

C

·
Registered
399 Posts
[quote user="quattrochris"]

So far I can't find any faults apart from my heavy right foot and trips to the petrol station and regular lol

[/quote]

LOL the only fix to that issue is "live with it" - we all have to mate.

Trust me you ain't the only one [:D]

C

1 - 14 of 14 Posts