UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Mark, and I used to own a Mk4 Golf GTi, and was a member of UK-MKIV's for a few years before I then briefly had a Mk2 Golf GTi and eventually getting the Audi A2 1.4 TDi SE I currently own, so it was good to find out there is now an Audi forum from the UK-MKIV's crew.

Is good to see a few familiar names on the forum, with seemingly a lot of ex-Golf owners having now switched across to Audis.

I'm probably best remembered on the UK-MKIV's forum from my 1.8T being used for filming on Top Gear's Mk5 GTi test drive a few years back, so if you see this repeated on Dave, then the black MK4 GTi in the film used to be mine, although my username was then 'Bobski', but I've changed it as everyone used to think my real name was Bob! [:D]

My Audi A2 may seem a bit of a backwards step after owning Golf GTi's, and in most ways it is, but I appear to have grown out of my 'boy racer' days and practicality is now the order of the day, with the A2 being a very economical car to run in these days of credit crunch and high petrol prices. It doesn't have the raw out and out speed of a GTi, but it is still pretty nippy and gets me from A to B, whilst providing lots of room for passengers and all my photography gear when I go out to shoots.

I look forward to taking part in the forum and chatting to other Audi owners.

Cheers

Mark

My Audi A2 1.4 TDi SE

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, nice to see another uk-mkivs convert like myself. You've made the right step over to the classier side of the VAG group [:D]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hello Mark - I'm getting more worried that we've got more A2 owners than TT owners atm... So you are not alone [y]

Must remember we have another pap with us too, always handy to know...

C

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the A2 is certainly very cost effective in today's environment, and this certainly influenced my decision to buy one.

Just had to renew my tax at £35 a year! [:D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts