UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, where do I (not) find the tool to get the plastic caps off the wheel nuts? I can't see it, so it's probably lost, but where should it have been? Cheers

(Hope I don't find a locking wheel nut under the covers, haven't got a bolt for that either!)

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Mine just pull off but I think there's something in the tool kit with the jack in the spare wheel.

I think you're in for disappointment - I reckon there's going to be locking wheel nuts behind those covers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just made a piece of metal into something with a little lip on to grab them off on a previous car...hope you didnt have locking nuts/found the locking nut itself!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've had a better look, and I definitely haven't got the tool, or a locking wheel nut key. And one of the plastic caps is different to the others, so it looks like I have got locking nuts [:mad:]

I'll ask the chap I bought it from whether he by any chance has the locking nut key in a drawer somewhere, but in worst case scenario do audi have a set amount of keys like say BMW do? I had to get one for a beemer once and it was very easy & inexpensive, are VAG the same?

I'm meant to be getting 2 of the wheels refurbed next week, good job I checked this out before I got there [:(]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
you can get the plastic tool from the dealers they normally have them in stockm they are about 70pence, the locking wheel nut socket, audi have 8 different types, these a £31.26 pence each,i know because i b*ggered my original one up when i changed the wheels, 2 weeks ago, they were in stock as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Dave,

Just spoke to my local Audi parts department earlier and they said same as you, if I go down they will find which one it is by trying with their master keys, and even if they have to order it in it'll only be a couple of days. So I can still get my scuffed wheels refurbed hooray! [Y]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts