UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a A4 Cabrio 52 plate and my reversing sensors have always worked perfectly. Then a few days ago during all the snow I noticed that they have stopped working. Instead of the single beep when engaging reverse, there is a loud continuous beep like the warning beep then it just shuts down and stops working?! Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote user="Orville"]

I have a A4 Cabrio 52 plate and my reversing sensors have always worked perfectly. Then a few days ago during all the snow I noticed that they have stopped working. Instead of the single beep when engaging reverse, there is a loud continuous beep like the warning beep then it just shuts down and stops working?! Any help would be much appreciated

[/quote]

A sensor has probably got wet, then frozen and then destroyed itself.

Have you got the factory kit or a dealer retro-fitted set?

If dealer fitted, go on the bay where you'll pick up a set for £80 or less.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, damn! They were on it when I got the car, They are the proper Audi ones though which I think were fitted at the Factory as the car had a stack of options fitted. Think it'll be a dealer jobby to sort?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
If there is anyone near you with vagcom there might be faults saved on the ecu...That loud beep is saying there is a fault. I know ur not stupid but id give them a clean with a damp cloth just to make sure...then id scan it with vagcom. It could even be the control module that operates the sensors... it could even be loose or corroded wiring

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've spoken with a friend of my Dad's that works as Service manager at an Audi Dealership. He said if a sensor has gone then will be looking at £160 if its just one thats gone or more if its multiple ones or control module! F*** that! They'd be charging £40 just to paint the sensor! HAHA!

Seems after researching it online a few people have had this problem with Audi sensors especially after a big cold snap.

So I've now got an in car electrical guru coming over to have a look, he doesnt have Vagcom but what he doesn't know about electrics on cars aint worth knowing. He said worst coming to worst and needing a new system he could do it for under a £100.

This is why theyre called STEALERS! Watch this space...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts