UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New member - live in Ossett West Yorks. Just bought a 2006 A4 Avant 2.0TDI Sline. My first Audi, having had BMW's for the last 5 years . . .. . .

Jonny

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted a BMW 330 d Sport tourer, and they're like Hens teeth, so to be honest the Audi was my 2nd choice, but once I test drove one I fell in love with it! .. . . . .

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jonny.

A BMW driver for 5 years? If you need pointing in the direction (pun intended) of the indicators on the Audi, just shout. [:D] Just kidding.

So what do you think of the change?

We've got quite a few A4 avants on here now. [Y] Not surprising really, they're a great looking car.

Oh, and don't forget to get some pics up!

Dave.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! Do they have indicators!!??!?! [clap]

I'm really happy with it - great looking car, good power, and good fuel economy!

Will try to post some pics in the gallery section, not sure if I can do it here!?

The car looks as is on the photo except it's now got my private plate on it - J10NN H . . . . only a matter of time till I get stopped for that!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They were already done ! A really professional job too - all rears are full limo tint, and fronts have a very light tint, but look darker due to the reduced amount of light entering the car! Only downside is reverse parking at night - sometimes difficult to see objects if the area isnt well lit !! . . . . .

A small price to pay tho for it looking "Gangsta!"

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Jonny welcome to the forum, nice motor. Good to see you came to your senses and ditched BMW for Audi [:D]

Yep your right plod [cop] will not be to happy about your private plate....J10NN H......its all to do with the size of font and spacing [:^)] making it difficult to be read by others and cameras.......Oh and your probably get pulled if the cops in car behind you are bored [:(] [:D]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah will just have to wait & see - only the spacing thats dodgy - Standard font and plaain plates so fingers crossed . . .. . .

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
....and at the risk of being a doom and gloom merchant, if they pull you for the plates, they'll probably take an interest in the tinted front windows too.

·
Registered
496 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

....and at the risk of being a doom and gloom merchant, if they pull you for the plates, they'll probably take an interest in the tinted front windows too.

[/quote]

Just drop the front windows if you do get pulled - im not sure if my tints are legal :S

Nice colour!

o - and welcomeeee :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never though of dropping the windows! Will bear that in mind! Does anyone know what the light transmission % has to be on fronts????

·
Registered
175 Posts
For a legal window tint in the UK I do believe the specs are, that the light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75% on vehicles registered AFTER 1st April 1985 to present.And 70% if the vehicle was registered BEFORE 1st April 1985. The front driver and passenger side windows must allow at least 70% of light transmitted through them.All windows rear of the drivers door are not effected by the legislation on the shades of tints.

If the glass (windscreen and front side windows) is tinted to a point whereby it lets through less light, the vehicle is breaking UK window tinting laws. The consequences of illegally tinted windows:

You could be stopped and fined and the car could be impounded if it is considered dangerous to drive and/or could be given a prohobition order until removed.

You will be required to remove the film and present your car to the Police confirming it has been returned to legal status.

If you are involved in an accident and it can be proven that the reduced vision caused by your windows being tinted was a contributing factor, you are likely to get part or full blame.

And if your insurer stand to be in a position where they are looking at full acceptance of liability (as you were at fault) they (your insurer) may determine that your insurance is invalidated.Thus you will be looking at footing the cost out of your own pocket for your vehicle and any other damage to third party vehicles or property.

Hope you find this helpful Jonny.

<u1:p></u1:p>

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[:D]Thanks for that - probably best to get the fronts checked out then, and maybe have them removed to be on the safe side! . . .. .

·
Registered
607 Posts
i used to have my plate N8YSH just spaced the same all the way along with no gap in the middle, never had any problem as long as its standard text they'd have to be very bored to pull you tbh. the A4 estate has to be one of the nicest estates available imo!

·
Registered
175 Posts
[quote user="gavnayshgttdi115"]

i used to have my plate N8YSH just spaced the same all the way along with no gap in the middle, never had any problem as long as its standard text they'd have to be very bored to pull you tbh. the A4 estate has to be one of the nicest estates available imo!

[/quote]

I must agree it ain't the crime of the century.I went to local pub last night with one of my mates,who's a traffic cop (old school and a good one....use his common sense) he said the police are cracking down on illegal number plates. Like many coppers,he dosen't go looking for road illegal plates,but he admitted he has on occasions handed out fixed penalty notices of 30 quid when stopping a vehicle for another road traffic offence which is displaying illegal plates.

And remember,when your car goes for an M.O.T displaying illegal number plates it may fail. [negative]

Alot of constabularies are taking a tougher line.

Think the link below can explain better than I.[:D]

http://www.westmercia.police.uk/press/illegalnumberplates.htm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts