UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving down the motorway and some clown in a mini bus is driving on the hard shoulder, flicking debris onto the carriageway. Had a nice chunky stone hit my bonnet, ricocheting onto the screen, not once but twice. Grrr. So I now have a cracked screen and a nice obvious chip on the bonnet. Fortunately its not dented but it's so infuriating after spending hours with the polisher getting her nice and shiny.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Get his reg number up lets go on a ukmkivs style witch hunt (dashes off to get his pitch fork)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry about your car

They should road sweep the hard shoulder now and and then.

Police a worse for it, flying down the hard shoulder in rush hour/grid lock traffic and peppering debris all over

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm witch hunt. Sounds like a plan..... [:D]

Cheers guys. Its not the end of the world, just blooming annoying. I read that you should mix the touch up paint with lacquer....is this true?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its ?60 excess I think or free if it can be repaired. Went Autoglass last time and they scratched the last car quite badly. Will be checking it over with a fine toothed comb before and after it's been in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As if they scratched your car! do you know, im having trouble with my clutch and the garage is making it worse everytime they touch it. If i was like this at work i would be sacked over quality issues (im a joiner btw)

Yeah check it like hell, but then they think your fussy lol

good luck with your repairs[Y]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote user="sjolliff"]

As if they scratched your car! do you know, im having trouble with my clutch and the garage is making it worse everytime they touch it. If i was like this at work i would be sacked over quality issues (im a joiner btw)

Yeah check it like hell, but then they think your fussy lol

good luck with your repairs

[/quote]

It wasn't a scratch exactly. It was as though they'd dragged the new screen across the edge of the passenger door and scraped off the laquer. By the time I saw it, they wouldn't accept responsibility. The same place ended up having to replace the headlining and pillar trims after they hacked at it with a knife. The mind boggles!! You're right, anywhere else and they'd be picking up a P45!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
And to get them to reimburse you, you'd need to have pictures of every panel of he car with todays newspaper in shot.... I havnt a clue about the lawyer mate. hope you get it sorted ok mate

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hope you get it sorted out ok Dave, even if you take your car to the audi dealer,i am sure they would contract the window screen out to a company like autoglass

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to try to get it looked at at a different Autoglass branch. Hopefully they'll be better! Going to make sure they take a good look at the car beforehand and sign a document to say there's no damage to the car before they start work on it.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
When the mk5 was about 6 months old, I was on the m40 when a lorry veered slightly onto the hardshoulder and clipped half a brick. You can imagine that hitting my bonnet really woke me up at 7am. The bonnet looked non too good afterwards...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
About 2 years ago the lorry infront of me lost part of its suspension leaf spring and planted itself into the bonnet of my dads car!! About 10 inches long it was.

THis is starting to sound like old men swapping war stories and scars....

·
Registered
607 Posts
i can remember in an old banger i had lol my mate hit a brick and it shattered my windscreen, lucky for me there laminated or id have been stuffed! makes you jump though lolkwick fit can do glass mate if you know to any who youd trust. only do repairs tho not fitting.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
A very small stone hit my wing once but left no damage[:)]..............................................,infact i have been lucky with windscreens and never had one but the expensive pain in the 'A'pipe things always happen to mine which are horrible or expensive to fix

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I seem to be unlucky with screens. I've had countless!! I think the Golf had 3 replacements and 1 repair. Come to think of it, every car I've owned has had to have a replacement windscreen with the exception of my mini but that never got taken onto a motorway!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts