UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Brendan from Dublin here. I had a look around for a good Audi forum in my internet neighbourhood and this one looked the best. So here I am. [:)]

Even the smilies are cool.

I currently drive a 2001 A6 2.0 which I've had for 3 years with only minor issues. I went through a phase of driving Hondas but prior to that I had a 1991 80 model for yonks.

I look forward to posting questions and hopefully some answers on the forum.

Brendan.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Welcome along Brendan. Growing forum we have here and all willing to lend a hand. Any pics of the A6?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the welcome lads.

Stevee, I found one pic of the back end taken last summer. The scenery is good !

I presume any posted photos have to be linked to an image hoster and not uploaded here ?

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hi Brendan, welcome to the forum, you best using photobucket, imageshack,etc to post your photos

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, I'm here a few days, may I ask a few questions ?

Who owns the site ? Is it Tabs ?

If so, why is Tabs never here ?

How old is the site ? Is it really 2004 old ?

Why is it Sooo quiet ? It's a very well presented site, so I'm surprised to find it so quiet.

I have a lot of experience with political websites, none with car websites. On political websites, members automatically come back for the debate and fight, that's what they do.

On car websites, people seem to register to get a problem solved then never return. They seek an answer to a question and once received, feel no further need for said site.

That can be fixed surely...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
This is a relatively new site, couple years old I'd say. Some of us are on the sister website uk-mkivs.net. So our membership times and names get paralleled from the sister site. That's the problem, some people get an answer, and instead of checking if they can help others, disappear until they have another problem. Maybe forums aren't for them or they are too busy.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I think tabs owns he site, and I'm not sure why he seems never to be here. He has set up some mods to look after the place. But haven't seen him for ages.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
yes, Tabs owns the site. He does come over here but he's a busy lad with work and the day to day runnings of the sister site

the day to day runnings of this site are looked after by Dave and myself, we were asked to moderate it and we also moderate the sister site too. Although I don't post as much as Dave, I visit several times a day and read every post

I agree that the site has been quite quiet but it's still in it's infancy. I'd personally like to see people stick around more too. It's a good place with lots of knowledge ( thanks very very much to Stevee )

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yep a lot of sites are like that, get an answer and then bugger off. When the crack is good on a site though folk will stick around. Was the same on the Tzone for my aprilia Tuono good banter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I think what helps these kind of sites is when people come back and post about how they solved their problem and any other details.

It really does help others when accurate info. and pics etc are posted on whatever the subject matter is.

Good information gets more search hits too !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts