UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
£50 from Ebay, dead easy to fit (Apart from Audi only give you abaout 1" of wiring to play with)

Remove OEM Head unit, unplug top plug from Head Unit, plug interface into Head Unit, plug Car wiring into interface wiring, plug Ipod cable into interface, run earth from interface to an earth somwhere (I used the one to the headunit loom) and finally punch out one of the holes at the back of the glove box and run the cable into there (bit tricky that last bit), used a bit of wire to push through to the back of glove box, and another bit of wire to push through the hole at the back of glove box and grab the first bit of wire, tape iPod cable to the end of the wire and pul back through.

Sounds as good as a CD and allows me to change tracks from the Head Unit, charges the iPod and switches it off when the ignition is turned off, so can just be left in the glovebox out of sight (although i dont leave ANYTHING of any value in the car).

Would definately recommend it and half the price of the Denison IceLink/Gateway.

·
Registered
399 Posts
What's the playlist limitations? Is it 5 playlists, plus the equivalent of all tracks, or?

Any other comparisons to the Denison? [:)]

C

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate,

I've not really played with it too much yet. It has functions to skip through the tracks and ff/rw, the first 2 radio channel buttons are CD+ and CD- but they dont really seem to do anything except restart the current track.

It might be that i'm doing something wrong as the instructions are a bit vague, but the quality is good and it's half the price of the Denison even if it does have a little less functionality.

With regard to the pics, i could take some, but there isn't really much to see except for the cable coming into the back of the glovebox.

The link is here if you wanna look though..

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/4148/mia/d/connects2+ctaadipod003+audi+ipod+adapter/pid/7338470

I bought it off Ebay though. Thay are a little vague as to which versions are for which headunit but mine is the Concert CD and i went for the CTAADIPOD003 which works spot on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts