UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Today was the day!

I traded my 2004 Scenic 1.5dci in today for an Audi A4 Avant 1.9 tdi 130 se. After all the paperwork had been completed at the garage I was ready to take my Audi home.

I felt all excited walking upto the A4 and some sadness in parting with my Scenic as I had done many trips to France with her and although they are not very reliable I had no faults with mine over 4 years, I will miss the panoramic opening glass roof and 70mpg, along with automatic lights,wipers and handbrake, at this point I was wondering have I done the right thing here?

However when I walked upto the A4 and shook hands with the door handle I knew I was onto a good thing. Once I set the seat,mirrors, steering wheel and s elected 1st gear I was amazed at how quiet and smooth everything worked and how precise the switchgear was, the firm click of the indicator stalk was a world removed from my newer Renault. Up through the gears checking the revs,speed,engine temp as I drove a favorite route that included fast A roads,country lanes and motorways to my home, which I had done in lots of cars before, 200 sx,pulsar,106 gti, 205gti,309 goodwood etc, What a car this has to be one of the oldest cars I have bought but it one of the best. so smooth,good driving position,great stereo,easy to see out, feels secure and most of all I managed 54mpg. This car is fantastic. I am looking forward to going back to work on Thursday so I can give her a nice motorway run.

Anyway I am very pleased with my purchase, attached are some pics.

Andrew.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
No pics? You need to upload them to photobucket or the like and paste the IMG code into your message here.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
That looks immaculate! Love that first pic - nice views too. [Y]

Is it liquid blue? We've had a few that colour recently - I like it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the nice comments guys, I have only had the audi since 12.noon today so more polishing to be done on Wednesday.

The location is looking over towards Loch Leven in Fife, I always go there to photo my cars on the day I get them !!

Here are some others.

Thats only a few of my old cars, I must be getting old now running a tdi with no rear spoiler!! that might change though.

Andrew

·
Registered
36 Posts
All you need to do now is re-map it.

I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do but it's probably the best thing you can do to the car. I have the 130PD engine and i've justed re-mapped it to 170BPH and its so much easier to drive, and if you think 54MPG was good you should see an increase afterwards. I get an extra 5MPG out mine now.

Nice car though mate.....loving the colour

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys, I am going to ask Jim at Star Performance here in Fife, what re-map can do.

After that I will have the rear windows tinted and new alloys. Thanks for your comments Guys,

Andrew.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts