UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to place an order for the below at some point this week, what do you think of the spec, is there any other essentials that I should be considering?

Audi A3 3dr 140PS S-Line
Phantom Black
Xenon plus headlights with LED DRL's
USB connection
Cruise
Interior light pack

I've thought about the black grille but I actually think the chrome one looks better on the facelift A3.

Also considered Bose but I think it's a lot of money for what it is, I listened to a Bose system when I was shopping around for an 8L S3 a few years back and was disappointed.

I'd be looking to retrofit the RNS-E navigation pretty much straight away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well i have bose in my s3 and am more than happy with it compared to my old mk5 gti standard system which was pretty tat. theres a good amount of base from the subwoofer too even tho its only small.

As for the rns-e i was bidding on one on ebay last night which went for only £420 in the end which is an awesome price compared to audi prices, my cut off was £400 tho as i cant really afford it at the mo.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£420 is a bargain, was it a UK seller?

I don't think it's a straightforward swap on 07+ cars, I read that you need to install a diversity adapter (using parts from a Golf MKV) to get decent FM radio reception. Not difficult but just bumps up the cost by another £150.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Seems like a sensible spec choice Sem, it's easy to get carried away and at audi prices it soons gets scary lol!

I've got the Bose in mine and personally i love it, worlds apart from the standard system i had in the MKV GTi and noticeably better than the stock Audi system imo, i also have cruise but had it retro-fitted for £130 so maybe thats an option for you also?

My 'must haves' on top of your spec if i was buying again would be...

MFSW - Use it loads and really like the convienience

GSM preperation - Very handy nowadays and even though you can get a Parrot kit or similiar for less money i love the way the Audi kit integrates with the MFSW/Rns-E/Voice commands/Phonebook in the DIS etc..

Auto dimming rear view mirror - Had this feature in my last 3 cars, daft as it sounds couldnt be without it now

Bose - Sounds great!

Edit to add 20 Spoke alloys - Bargain at £200 as an option imo [Y]

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Steve, know what you mean about getting carried away. Think i'll try my luck with the dealer, see if they can throw smething in for free [:D] doubt it though with the deal i'm getting!

The facelift S-line comes with the MFSW as standard. Did consider the GSM prep but not sure how well it will integrate with a Blackberry, will do some more research on that though.

I actually prefer the standard alloys on the facelift, the 20 spokes look like they will be nightmare to clean. Why did Audi stop doing the BBS CH's as I would have loved those.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah after seeing the deal your getting i reckon the chance of something thrown in for nowt are pretty slim lol! [:D]

Bonus on the MFSW coming as standard now! Does that mean you can spec the FBMFSW as an option then?

I love my 20 spokes, but have to agree that they are a nightmare to clean and i do worry about the possibilty of the diamond cut lip corroding in the future, still love them though...

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still no option on the FBMFSW.

I've managed to better the last set figures I sent you [;)] I could have also got a black grille thrown in for free if I had signed on Friday but I walked away, the dealers seem pretty desperate at the moment!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hehe, sounds like you've got them right where you want them [;)]

You've got to be pretty close to pulling the trigger on one by now then? lol!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Sem, I wsa going to have the USB connection but decided not to in the end as there's already an AUX input. Plus, if you're retro-fitting the RNS straight away it has SD slots for you to fill with MP3s!

Mind if I ask what discount and what dealer? FWIW, Solihull seemed pretty open to a deal and I mentioned some pretty hefty discounts. PM or email me if you want.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="Beddie"]

I love my 20 spokes, but have to agree that they are a nightmare to clean and i do worry about the possibilty of the diamond cut lip corroding in the future, still love them though...

[/quote]

I do like those 20 spokes but the cleaning issue put me off (call me lazy!). I think the standard alloys will be bad enough.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
LOL.....those extras are mounting up Sem!!

I'm trying to keep them to a minimum but so far I'm up to:

Heated seats (got them now and want them again!!)

Metallic / Pearl paint

Interior light pack

GSM phone prep

Xenons

Oh, and don't forget Sem, they have a service option costing £250 for 3yrs / 36k miles of servicing. Seems like a bargain to me.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did consider heated seats too but i've managed to live without them up until now so left them off.

Yep, the servicing deal is a bargain, i'm doing 20k a year though - anyone know the cost of long life services?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Taken from a thread on AS:

"
Stafford Audi - £290.00 and they charge £13 + VAT for a litre of oil

Stoke Audi - £260.00 and £13.50 for a litre of oil"

·
Registered
135 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

£13.50 for a litre of oil"

[/quote]

Dave, Costco is your friend.... £11.17 Inc. VAT for 3 1 litre Castrol Edge Longlife bottles, less than £4 a litre, bargain!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the oil charge is in addition to the servicing cost shown above, seems a bit bizarre to me?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Not sure Sem. Like I say, I just took that from a thread on AS. I'd assume that it's a litre of top up oil for between services otherwise I'd agree, it's a bit bizarre to charge for the oil as an extra.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts