UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have finally got my A3, and thought i would share with you guys, i have only one picture at the moment but will put more up soon.

Theres one thing i wanted to ask. Is it normal to hear a sort of tapping noise when i first start the engine for no more than a minute, until the engine warms up a bit? This is my first Diesel so im unsure, Thanks,

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Hmm, mine doesn't make a noise as far as I remember. Congrats on the purchase. I think I've seen that car before, over on ASN.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hi Roman,i had a 2lt tdi a3 ,i never heard a tapping noise on that

like the car,is the tailgate black as well?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

Started her up again from cold this morning and no problems at all, no funny noises or anything.

The tailgate is still silver.

The only thing i need to do now is change the wheels, as the 19" are too big, and i can't have more than 3 people in the car because over speed bumps the wheels rub, and they stick out too much (over the legal limit).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Get a nice set of RS6's, I know there as command as grass on a football pitch but they do look nice, [I think] nice and beefy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

Anyone with VCDS in or near London as I need a scan?

The car went into limpmode twice over a 1200mile return journey and i want to find out why.

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Forgot about this.

Dean helped me out alot, car runs great now, thanks for the headsup Damian.

Retrofitted cruise control last week, and im trying to get hold of the facelift rear lights, so will put pictures up when I get them. Going to try and make this my build thread :D

Have to make an effort now that i have the uk-audis.net sticker on the back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haven't updated in a while so here's the new toy [H]

Would defianetly reccomend it to aynone thinking of getting one, it has the Speech Dialogue System enabled which lets me control it using my voice, and vehicle in motion but haven't tested that yet.

And I also fitted a de-cat pipe.

P.S Anyone have VCDS near Bradford, I need a scan and maybe some things enabled? [:$]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Before i had the common overboost issue, Innotec cured it for now.

The
engine light is on now and I think i have a faulty intake manifold, the
plastic gears tend to break. Just want to make sure before i buy the
part.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got it for £460 delivered off a member on another forum.

Was lucky for it to have the SDS and vehicle in motion hack already on it, but those can quite easily be done i believe.

You thinking of getting one Dave?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts