UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cause ive had my poor idle fault looked at today and all the cars running fine and been told its the flywheel so want to claim under my warernty but want to get one thats total knackered just in case

·
Registered
607 Posts
if its on warranty mate just tell them to fix it dont matter whats causing it! thats what warranty is there for, if theyve diagnosed it they should fix it surely

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yer but you know what warrenty companies are like going to report it next week. i had all the injectors and timinfg and pump etc etc tested with no faults and says that its the dmf but warrenty company may want to inspected so i want to make sure it looks busted ....

·
Registered
607 Posts
lol nice one! id say send it in see what they think it is as you may put a dodgy flywheel on and them say its something completely different! then you gotta change it back etc

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Your fly might be shot, ie alot of vibration with clutch pressed in and some torque cubs at certain revs, but I doubt it's the reason behind a bad idle, unless it was physically broken. Why not let them replace it anyway even if it doesn't cure it, you still have a new fly and clutch!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chap that tested my car is a diesel expert says it judders at about 2500 rpm but when warming up its a very bad shack almost as if its missing.also squeaks when u switch of ..so going to phone insurance up monday put another claim in...i just put a claim in for a new turbo 2 weeks ago which is just getting dun...

hes sure its the flywheel

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hope that gets the fix! the insurance was a good buy for you with all those bills of late!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts