UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife rang me saying that it's raining and the windscreen won't clear because it won't blow air to windscreen. The same thing happened about a year ago and the next day it fixed itself so I never did anything to it. Otherwise I have to rip out dash and change it, anybody know how much they are or had the same problem?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes I had the same problem its the internal postioning flap. It costs about £70ish and apparently its a bugger to do as my other half found out! Mind you Audi quoted me £350 to sort it out what a joke!!!

http://uk-audis.net/forums/t/1247.aspx

Can chat to J40hnw about it

[:D]

Tell your wife to take it off auto and press eco that should make it blow out but not cold.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will have a read of that thread.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just a word of warning

When you replace the damn thing you need to a Basic settings via vagcom.

Where are you based?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in northern Ireland. It's no problem though because I have vagcom. Is the dash easy to take apart?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry fella on the A4 I do not know how hard or difficult it could be.

one who might know though would be CTP (Colin)

He's always got his fingers in places like this[;)]

·
Registered
902 Posts
You need the glove box off don't you? Then you can see practically all of it? Glovebox is easy. Would be interested to follow this thread!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah if you take the glovebox out you can see the flap control motors easily enough. Not tried removing anything on mine yet but know I may have to in the future as Ive got two motors 'fidgeting' and throwing fault codes.

If you cant find the linkage you want on that side try taking the drivers side trim out (above your feet) and that shows the other flap linkages I think.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Is that where you turn the ignition on and you hear the motors move and then they sound like they're trying to do something but can't? Mine do that, but don't throw and codes and have never been any trouble.

Could they be greased or something as a preventative measure?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats exactly what mine does, except it does it mostly when i turn the car off. I wouldnt say there is any way of stopping it. It just sounds like its having a fit!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah notice mine mainly once i've turned the engine off and am grabbing my stuff before getting out of the car.

Audi's advice is to just replace the motors (typical) but I've heard you can sometimes cure it by running a reset procedure for the flaps in VCDS.

What I also notice with mine is that the dash vents are always warmer on the passenger side than the drivers.as its the centre flap that control air distribution between passenger/driver thats one of the faulty ones on mine. The other is the recirc flap motor which is by the passengers left foot, I hear that one fidgeting every now and then.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was sat in it last night and the flaps were going crazy. Will try a vagcom reset. But they still work fine so it's hard to shell out the cash just fir the fidgetting

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote user="stevee"]I was sat in it last night and the flaps were going crazy. Will try a vagcom reset. But they still work fine so it's hard to shell out the cash just fir the fidgetting

[/quote]

If you have vagcom, start by going into the measuring blocks whilst logged into the hvac system.

Look at the various motor flap angles change when you press the clima buttons, any that don't move through a good range are suspect.

Also whilst in the measuring blocks, check all the sensor outputs for erronious data.

Find out which motor or sensor is dud then go from there.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im going to have a go at this tomorrow, has anyone done this on VCDS?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote user="benjie"]

Is it 08 Auto HVAC - Then 03 Output Tests, the keep clicking NEXT.

[/quote]

I did that benjie and all the various vents worked as it went through its sequence. It still came back with these fault codes. I looked at the meas blocks and all values seem steady accross the board, but ive no experience with them....

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 8E0-820-043.lbl
Part No: 8E0 820 043 H
Component: A4 Klimaautomat 1116
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 63351

4 Faults Found:
01810 - Actuating Motor for Temperature Flap; Right (V159)
41-00 - Blocked or No Voltage
00716 - Air recirculation Flap Positioning Motor (V113)
41-00 - Blocked or No Voltage
00735 - Potentiometer in Positioning Motor for Air recirculation Flap (G143)
09-00 - Adaptation Limit Surpassed
00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
30-00 - Open or Short to Plus

·
Registered
902 Posts
High pressure sensor is just that - that's in the engine bay isn't it?

The other three - how about taking your glove box out and doing the output test again and actually watch them move? I don't know what to say really because if those codes keep coming back but everything's working, it's a bit weird.

Are you clearing the fault codes from within the Auto-Scan window, or are you getting rid of them via 08 HVAC - 02 Fault Codes - Clear Codes?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The G65 pressure sensor is stopping the aircon working :s. I might have to get in the glovebox hatch to have a look. I deleted via autoscan and then again just incase again in HVAC, and they still came back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts