UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hi dave. Audi said they can't code the key. So I have to contact the eBay seller and tell him I need a refund. I have a email from him saying it can be recoded no problem.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Have written the email to the seller and sent it today. Hope he is favorable! I just got 4 new tyres. I opted for Dunlop sports 01's. The rears wore down surprisingly quickly, not too far behind the fronts. Fronts were past the legal limit and rears just over. Needed to get tracking done at same time. Will be safer in wet!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep I had them on last time. I found the reciept for the last set and it was 20months ago and 29k miles! The last set were outstanding so I stuck with them. Front right tyre's toe was out by 10 degrees. Proba my just a bad pothole or two!

I don't ofte drive the car, just at weekends, and it seems to be hitting bumps that bit harder. It's not bad like the clinking or knocking of a bushing or shock but just a harder crashier ride. Maybe it's all in my mind!!!!!!! It might need few bits later in year if it gets worse, it
Might be too early to diagnose.

·
Registered
496 Posts
these keys dont work - they have to be the same ode as the car and neverbeen coded before....

in other words - you have no alternative apart from letting Audi rip you off...

i just have to be extra careful with my one key..

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Well the eBay seller said to me that it would work so he has to take it back.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
So, i got the email sent off the weekend. Has anyone got any ideas if he ignores me? In the email i said i just want a quick solution and no messing about. I said i dont want to have to start an official dispute with him through ebay. But if he ignores me then i will have no choice.....

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote user="Stevee"]

So, i got the email sent off the weekend. Has anyone got any ideas if he ignores me? In the email i said i just want a quick solution and no messing about. I said i dont want to have to start an official dispute with him through ebay. But if he ignores me then i will have no choice.....

[/quote]

sorry stevee , i have no idea ,i must be the only person in the uk never to have used ebay

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just for info.

I needed a second key and also looked at e-bay, which at a glance appeared to be a bargain.

In the end, I got Audi to supply and code a replacement which cost £160 all in for a 3 button flip, which whilst shocking wasn't as shocking as I thought it would be.

And don't forget if you go through Audi, you get a two year guarantee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts