UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably one for Jim, this one.

The daughters Ibiza (the yellow one) has a rather lighter colour to the tailgate where the paintwork has faded. Is there any way of renovating this back to the original colour, or is it a respray, or should she just lump it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Rusty.

As far as I am aware, Omni yellow's clear isn't UV resistant so once it failed I believe the only answer is a respray. [:^)]

Check over on DetailingWorld for more information.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yeah we get it at work all the time with yellows and then when you paint them they are a pain again to get to match,best thing to do is not go by the colour code alone and take a panel to someone who will mix you paint up as close as they can to that panel or what ever

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys. I figured that'd be the case, so I reckon it'll stay the colour it is and just live with it. It's not as though it stands out like a sore thumb really, and there's always a chance the car will need some paintwork at some point (to go with the bodywork it might need doing...) so it'll get done then I reckon. If it was a polish or suchlike then I'd have it done, but not worth a spray job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts