UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the factory specifications for my B6 TDI 130?

Stuff like MPG, etc?

Thanks, Navi.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I normally check parkers.co.uk and do the "What's it worth" link.

I think yours will be 45mpg, 43 if it's quattro. In the real world it will be slightly more if you're careful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....

Parkers is showing a combined mpg of 48.

To date, I have only ever got 43/44 mpg. In fact locally its averaging 34mpg.

I'm sure this is way off the mark! I have a 1998 A4 tdi also but it gives me 44 locally.

I've seen some threads on mpg. I've already changed the MAF so thinking it may be the coolant sensor? No fault codes are coming up.

Navi.

·
Registered
902 Posts
If it's the coolant sensor, you might get some smoke at start-up? They're about £30 from a dealer.

Other things that affect mpg are: service - when was the air/fuel filter changed? Thermostat - does the temperature needle go straight to 90, or does it hesitate at around 70 then go up? Is it up to 90 in cold weather too?

Get some fuel additive - like Millers Diesel Power Plus - use a double/triple/quadruple dose in the next few tanks to clear out the injectors.

Driving - do you have a 'heavy' right foot? Lots of town driving? Both of these eat mpg.

This happened to me and it turned out to be the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor at the same time. I also only noticed the temp gauge going up slowly in cold weather, it was fine when the temp was +10 or higher. I was getting 38 on a good day, now getting 52 on a good day - it's down as 43 in Parkers!

My haynes manual says that if you have a car that's 5yrs old or more, consider changing the thermostat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas...

I've only owned the car for a couple of months. Took me months to find such a clean example.

Its due a service in a few thousand miles, so OEM parts will be used for that. I'm not sure on the temp needle though. It sits at about 90. Will try and monitor it..

I've already used some additive for injectors and my right foot isn't really that heavy, I have another car for that :)

In the meantime I think I will change the coolant sensor and the thermostat and see what happens. Just bugs me as my older a4 tdi does much better mileage!!

Thanks for all the info, will let you know how it goes...

Navi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts