UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have found someone on net that says they had a egr cooler in the inlet manifold and needed cleaning out due to 16785 fault.

any body got anny ideas...

thanks again

richard

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Did abit of research about its opening and shutting. Aparantly = The intake manifold flap is closed for approx. 3 seconds when stopping engine and then opens again. This reduces the stop jolt....

See does it close. Also id get a multimeter on the connections to the egr to see if there is a signal/power

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Engine codes AZV, BKD, BKP, BMA, BVE and BWV
1 - Intake pipe
2 - 20 Nm
3 - Bracket
4 - Gasket
q Renew.
5 - 20 Nm
6 - Wire retainer
7 - From exhaust gas recirculation cooler
8 - 10 Nm
9 - Connecting pipe
10 - Gasket
q Renew.
11 - Intake manifold flap motor -V157-
q The intake manifold flap is closed for approx. 3 seconds when stopping engine and then opens again. This reduces the stop jolt.
12 - O-ring
q Renew.
13 - Exhaust gas recirculation valve
14 - 3 Nm
15 - Vacuum reservoir
Intake Manifold

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey good find will check in a bit see if it does..was wondering if it's worth taking manifold of to clean it out....

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I have it all to do soon and was going to do the manifold too, aparantly it will be caked

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just been having a look under bonnet and found pipe that goes to Vacuum reservoir has snapped out.. got one on order so will pick up wednesday...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will fix wendesday

got 17055 coming up now cyclinder 1 glow plug electrica fault so will get a set of glow plugs at the same time....

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
How much are the glow plugs? It could be faulty wiring or bad connections to the glow plug1

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
That's not too bad. I've heard that they get very brittle with age so if you are taking them out be careful other wise it could be head off time if I. Fell in!

·
Registered
510 Posts
do very well not to snap them in these days. best way ive found is get the engine as hot as poss then tighten them so it just breaks the seal of corrosion, then undo, not had one snap yet

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yer i just got engine up to temp after collecting the bits then did it straight away while again was hot...

just got to get Vacuum reservoir done tomo and then all good i hope...

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello there. I was trying to find out what would solve the intake flap motor problem on my 2.0 tdi 54, how did you get on with cleaning your manifold? did it help, has your engine management light gone off? It sure is a common fault on these audi's, sometime i wonder!. Im thinking of stripping it down on the weekend. I could do with some assistance. cheers

·
Registered
496 Posts
[quote user="Audi_enthuse"]

hello there. I was trying to find out what would solve the intake flap motor problem on my 2.0 tdi 54, how did you get on with cleaning your manifold? did it help, has your engine management light gone off? It sure is a common fault on these audi's, sometime i wonder!. Im thinking of stripping it down on the weekend. I could do with some assistance. cheers

[/quote]

Hi mate- chances are it will be broke but its a simple job to pull it off.

i done a thread on another forum before uk-audis was invented: http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58985

But its simple to remove and clean the egr bit while your at it too with some carb cleaner and a hard bristled tooth brush!

It is a common fault accrossthe whol of teh vag range - not sure how audi got it wrong as its just a flap that opens and close when the engine starts and stops :S

And get a revised part - thepart number ends is M or N iirc.

HTH

1 - 19 of 19 Posts