UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a new member and i hope this post is in the right place. Could anyone tell me please if a cylinder head off an A6 1.8T engine (code AEB) fit onto an Audi A6 1.8T engine (code APU),

Kindest regards,

Betty.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hi Betty, welcome to uk-audis

i have no idea about the above question, but i am sure someone will know

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
The heads are different and the apu is drive by wire throttle and the other isn't I'm afraid. You could ring a dealer to be sure. Welcome along!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all very much for your help and kind words. Cam belt failed and i thaught it would be a better option to change the head because i have been told if several valves are bent it would run into a lot of money and the head on offer was quite cheap. Just to mention I am pleased to say my A6 2.7T year 2000 at 273,000 miles[:O] is still going strong, has anyone got a higher milage one?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
That's great miles! Mine is just wearing in at 160k. Was the belt overdue? I know what you mean about swaping heads. I trust you have a good mechanic rather than dealer prices. I'd check the scrap yards if I were you. Bet you were gutted when it blew!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So very sorry i did not spell it out correctly. The cam belt on the 1.8T has gone BUT my 2.7T Quattro at 273,000 miles is still going strong.[^o)]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
most vag stuff will keep going If looked after and regularly serviced. Have you any pics of the cars?

·
Registered
496 Posts
wow - that many miles!

Just have it rebored and skimmed and it should be as good as new!

Around £200 to £300 depending on who does it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
2002 A6 owner here. Pics are in my posts in newbie area. Wow you guys sure do have high miles. Mine has just managed to reached a nice 63k. Apart from the odd electrical problem and the fuel return pipe breaking today all is fine. :) I do have some guage related questions to ask so im off to start another post and hopefully one you kind people would have come across simular symptoms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts