UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Another mkivs.net member here with frequent envious glances in the direction of uk-audis.net!)

A family member has recently purchased a 2006 A3 Sport that has the standard Concert CD player and factory fitted iPod connection. I have talked then through connecting the iPod to the lead and pressing the 'CD' button a couple of times to gain control of the iPod from the head unit and it is working well.

The car audio manual did not come with the car and we are therefore unsure as to which CDC disk number has which function, for example does disk 1 allow browsing by track, disk 2 by artist etc.

Does anyone have experience of using the Concert headunit to control their iPod or know where the relevant information may be obtained?

If all else fails I can send said family member to the nearest Audi dealership...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. Thank you Damian.

This will explain our confusion as the iPod used for testing had just one playlist.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I personally woulnt waste my money on the Audi cable.

No track info and you never know what your going to be listening to

Its about as much use as a fart in a tent

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Pmsl at ^^^^^^

is there anyway to retrofit the iPod connection?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Any ideas anyone? Ps id prefer to put connection in the glovebox than the armrest. Armrest just gets in the way

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I'd guess that you can retrofit it Stevee but it seems like there are better alternatives. I'm sure I read a thread on retrofitting it. I'll have a hunt later.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Thanks dave, did do a search but couldnt see anything. I was just wondering if you could run anything of the concert stereo.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

Any ideas anyone? Ps id prefer to put connection in the glovebox than the armrest. Armrest just gets in the way

[/quote]

Drop these guys a line

Clicky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts