UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Had a really rough time with my door recently. Electrics werent working intermitently.

In the end, the problem seems to be very common accross the range. The wires from the A pillar to the door that are in a rubber gator get chaffed and break. Also the connectors at the A pillar that those wires click into get corroded and cause bad connections.

The plugs at the A pillar are only £4 from the stealer, but the wires that go from the A pillar to the module inside the door card are only 18" long. But Vag charge £75 for it! And it only has 6 wires inside and speaker wire. I made a loom my self for a few pound and it does the job fine.

Hope it helps anyone with electric window or electric door problems.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very easy done mate [;)]

Delighted i have it done now....i have an electric window again [<:eek:)]

Audi tech said its very common problem, best keep it in mind if any of ye develop any probs!

·
Registered
902 Posts
True. I expect it will appear sometime as I don't intend getting rid of my car anytime soon.... I'm looking for places that do uprated clutches actually. It's difficult to find any as there's plenty for the 1.8T's and the 130tdi's, but not the quattro's - they're already quite beefy and no-one seems to do an upgrade for that!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a ashame mate. Id send a few of the site sponsors a PM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts