UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

In order to bring uk-audis into line with our sister site, uk-mkivs, the follow rules are being be put into place:

Visible warnings will be posted in each classifieds forum, plus links to a guide with helpful hints on how to successfully conduct a sale / purchase via the classifieds on uk-audis. The 100 post requirement to post ads will remain and in addition will also be coupled with a 3 month membership probation period. Meaning that to post a classified ad members will require 100 or more posts and to have been a member for more than 3 months.

These new rules will be made live this shortly and further work will take place over the next few days. We want to make clear that our classifieds system is not there to be exploited and should anyone choose to do so they will be permanently banned.

These new guidelines have been brought into effect to help better channel buyers and sellers together. We have also taken on board the feedback that some have given and hope that these help to make the uk-audis classifieds an easier system to use.

New Classifieds Rules: Effective immediately all new classifieds posts in the For Sale sections must have the following information:

1. Exact description of the items for sale in the thread title field i.e. "A3 Wheels" or "A4 Steering Wheel"
  2. An accurate description of the item for sale, stating if its new, used or second hand - pictures are helpful.
  3. Price clearly stated in the post, even if offers requested, ie £100 o.n.o. - ads without a price will be deleted
  4. If you're linking to an Ebay or Pistonheads listing please include details of the item in your post. If your posting a Pistonheads listing please also include the price. i.e. posts just containing a link will be deleted.

Any advert posted that is not in the above format will be deleted.

By listing your ad in the uk-audis classifieds you also agree to the following classified specific rules:

• You are the legal owner of the item offered - i.e. items posted on behalf of someone else will be deleted.
  • Illegal items such as pirate/copied music and/or software is not permitted. Posting such items will lead to a warning being issued and access to the classifieds removed from your profile.
  • No selling of live animals. Pet shops have this part of the market cornered.
  • Privately owned items only - i.e no commercial selling. Unless the poster is a subscribed advertiser.
  • Only members with 100 or more posts and / or with a length of membership 3 months or more may place a classified ad. This is implemented automatically by our software.

All classifieds ads are provided as-is and are placed entirely at the posters risk. uk-audis cannot be held liable in the event of a claim arising from a dispute over an item listed on this site. Where possible we can help to contact the buyer / seller if a problem occurs and we ask that you report any classfieds issues to the uk-audis team instead of posting the problem on the forums for mass speculation.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Just a quick reminder, please do not reply to threads in the classifieds area. If you're interested in an item, please send a PM to the seller.

The reason for this is all posts need to be approved before they appear in the classifieds section and can be a lengthy process.

From now on, all new "for sale" threads will be locked upon approval.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Thanks for reminder Dave. Are you've got a PM messages ok?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I thought i had asked this question before and got the answer "yeah that should be ok" but here it goes again,My mate at statller often has things for sale as in decent trims,steering wheels,panels etc he often sells them on e-bay but i if i can offer them people on here because i would rather someone i know gets things if they want them rather than strangers,so is this not ok now? i havnt done so yet but they have a lot to get shut of soon to make way for the rolling road

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="leach76"]

I thought i had asked this question before and got the answer "yeah that should be ok" but here it goes again,My mate at statller often has things for sale as in decent trims,steering wheels,panels etc he often sells them on e-bay but i if i can offer them people on here because i would rather someone i know gets things if they want them rather than strangers,so is this not ok now? i havnt done so yet but they have a lot to get shut of soon to make way for the rolling road

[/quote]

In order to comply with the rules above, you would need to be the legal owner of the items for sale. So your mate would have to give them to you to sell.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote user="Stevee"]Thanks for reminder Dave. Are you've got a PM messages ok?

[/quote]

if you are trying to reply to a classifieds post, these will still require moderating and therefore won't appear until Dave or I moderate them. From now on, classifieds will be locked on approval, in line with the sister site. Please contact the seller in the usual way to discuss an item you're interested in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts