UK Audi Forum banner
201 - 220 of 245 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
[quote user="chuffgttdi"]

Not yet gonna do the windscreen sureound

[/quote].

(look who's sneaked over haha) But anyway plastidip you don't really need to use masking tape. Onthe grille for example you can gently run a blade around the line you want and peel off the excess. on the windscreen tape up all of it bad 1" all the way around the outside edge. Thats what I did and that makes peeling the whole 1" band off really really easy!. Check out youtube for DIY's by the plastidip guys

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Came out of work today with my boss as I was giving him a lift home , walked up to the car and he said those dreaded words... When did that happen?

My response, when did what happen? It was then I spotted what he had spotted 10 seconds before the damage to my car!

It couldn't have happened at my work because of where the car was parked so it must have happened yesterday in a public car park. Basically It looks like someone has swiped the front passenger side wing and new painted bumper. As you know that was only painted two weeks ago. That's hundreds of pounds down the pan.

They obviously didn't have enough moral fibre to leave a note so I guess I'm stuffed. I really don't feel like attending the show next weekend as I had planned and the reason I got the front end resprayed over Easter.

No one was hurt and there are more important things goin on in the world but Im not gonna pretend I'm not gutted. I dont have the cash or time to get it done by next weekend. The only positive I can glean from it is when I get this fixed I might as well do the bonnet, which stood out as not beings fresh until this happened. Whole new front end then.

Heres the customary pic. Sorry my boss took it on his phone

· Registered
499 Posts
i know how you feel, its happened too me aswell, but i had a note folded under wiper ,but was blank, musta put it there incase people had seen it happen.....

201 - 220 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.