UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to remove my "Scrooge" label............

What's everyone doing for Christmas and New Year?

We're seeing Claire's parents this Christmas Day so no cooking for me, although I usually cook a turkey on Christmas Eve. You can never have enough turkey sarnies over the festive season! I'm lucky, my neighbour has a butchery business so we usually get a turkey off him. We'll have a nice relaxing morning opening our pressies and then off to the in laws for dinner.

Still undecided about NYE. We've been invited to some friend's house but they live an hour away and we've the little one to consider. We'll probably have a quiet one I think. May pop to my mates round the corner for early evening drinks then home. We'll see......

I'm feeling very festive today. Won't be working next week and wifey finishes work tomorrow as well.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
The outlaws are coming to us for Xmas lunch...we were 100% sure they'd decline when we made our offer..bugger. My parents will come over in the morning. In the evening we'll go to sis-in-laws as she lives 200m away

On Boxing Day, we're going out for lunch - about 25+ of us..nice and relaxed so should be good..

NYE ? No idea - I don't think we did anything last year..sometimes we see friends ( one of my wife's friends is emigrating early next year so it may be a good chance to see them.. )

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do hope your outlaws aren't silver-surfers and members of this site after that comment! [:D]

NYE is a bit different now all our friends have young kids. The little spoilsports!

I'm really looking forward to Christmas.....it's great to be able to spend quality time with friends and family.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
My nan comes over at christmas which even at 33 i still love,it reminds me of good christmas's years ago when my grandad & sister were alive,but she does the old women bit like peter kay describes where she wants to start getting ready to go home at 7 or what time coronation street/east enders finishes.Normally go to the pub at dinner and have a couple more than i said i would and up nodding off all afternoon and night.

Nye i cant stand,its been a joke ever since everyone started charging & making pubs all ticket since the millenium one which was also shoot!!,why should you have to pay to go in to a normal pub then get told you have got to stay there and you cant have a wander round others,i wouldnt mind but our village is small with about 5pubs tops its not as if its town centre[blah][:mad:]

·
Registered
425 Posts
I always go home home for christmas back up to donny with the family (just mum dad sis and bro)... usually end up staying for a week or so but this year i can as i'm busy!

NYE shall be spent in Warsaw... flying the 30th and back on the 1st!

Then i've to do my tax return... how very VERY dull!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
the inlaws come round in the morning with her granny's and aunties etc so bout 15 people here in morning then walk the dog down to my parents house for spag bol for dinner[:S] i dont like roast dinners!! then after pudding its into the crates of beer my dad supplies with my bro and his wife and my sister! then stagger back up with the dog later on that night. NYE got a few mates coming round mine so 930 when the little ones go to bed it will be full steam ahead and wii flat out til whenever we all collapse onto setees air beds etc. cant wait!! then 3rd Jan back to work for another year[:'(]

·
Registered
607 Posts
lol that would be a good one 'by the way mum you got an extra 30 for xmas dinner' gotta have a drink over xmas its the only chance i get lol got a few mates that dont go out too much over xmas, its always trouble round here so we just pile in my house and get as few crates!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts