UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like im going to be changing my cam shafts due to high milage what else do i need to change along with them ?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Do they need it doing? It will only show by missing or some slapping. Umm obhiously new belts and tensioner. New rocker gasket, maybe a chance to take a loom at the wiring loom to injectors, or have them out for a recon..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi m8.

yer had the loom done and injectors and still have a slight missfire untill warm. cars done 170,00 and ive sorced some second hand ones for 50.00 for the pair only done 25,000.

so may get them put in and see what happends i didnt know if theres any shims under the cam lobes or not or is it a case of just chnaging the cams.

i tke it i dont have to take the head of its a 16v 2.0ltr 140 pd

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Nope head can stay insitu. You got yourself a great bargain here. I'd change them too for that price. You might need camshaft oil seals.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
You'd need to take rocker cover off and investigate if they are worn.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I know on the 1.9pd but not the 2.0 cr? Can write up for you later on the pd if you want

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2.0 16v PD140 heads are different to the 1.9 8v heads. Rockers on the PD140 are held in place with a long bar that is held in place with a bolt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts