UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is up for renwal again,for the last about 7years or more i have stuck with zurich because its easier and worried about losing loyalty bonus etc plus there excess seems a lot lower but i am wondering if people have found shopping around to save them £100's and has it been worth the hassle,also how did you go on with mods?,i know a lot of company want little to do with them but its my car and i want to play.I have just found out i get free recovery with nat-west including home start which i am paying for with Zurich so that can come off now.I am sure i tried greenlight & Adrian flux last year and one didnt come back to me and the other quote wasnt worth the messing about changing for.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
I always shop around - infact I haven't stayed with the same company now for years...BUT the Audi is standard so i might have a greater choice...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can't afford not to.. At 23, even with 4 years protected NCB, insurers still feel the need to try and bend me over.

Currently insured with Brentacre Insurance who let you modify your car (visually) for free. [y]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
I have always shopped around, but for the last 3 years nobody can beat churchill for me,

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep, every year I shop around for insurance and every time I get it cheaper then previous.....off the top of my head think I saved around £90 for this year - March 09' - '10

Don't think it's any hassle Leach, not now-a-days, just tap in details on internet, (which you can tweek) unlike before when you had to either run around town to brokers or telephone insurance companies.

But same as Damian my Audi is standard so maybe greater choice.

·
Registered
496 Posts
my mates an insurance broker so i chuck him £50 and my details and he gets me the best deal guaranteed!!

at 18, the A3 remapped with wheels declared was £1200.

at 19, my Type R is £1200 with exhaust declared (the cheapest quote below it was £6500)

With admiral/elephant and mod wise, they give £500 towards the cost of replacing mods but dont cover the mods :D

20 next month so hoping for a reduced premium considering im no longer a teen :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
[quote user="davelincs"]

I have always shopped around, but for the last 3 years nobody can beat churchill for me,

[/quote]

Oh yes!!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Well I have shopped around this year , and saved £125 , not bad I suppose for a couple of hours on the internet

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Mine's due soon too, Dave. I'll be shopping around again. Managed to get it down by a fair amount last time.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
When I was talking to the girl at Lv, she put the registrations in of our other 2 cars and they were both cheaper ,the xc90 £140 ish, and jackies v60 £85, that was with out the multi discount , so the other two will be changed as well

·
Registered
72 Posts
When I first started using comparison sites for the car insurance I got to admit I was very impressed with the results. I chose Liverpool Victoria and stayed with them for 3 years. Then something changed. The following year I used the same site and the cheapest quote I was seeing was £100 more than last years quote. Nothing changed with me.. Now having 15 years no claims. Clean licence. Same car (2002 A6 ) and same cover needed.

So I decided to go back to the old days (so to speak). I had to actually talk to a human being about a service/product I was going to purchase. The people at Kwik Fit insurance were very helpful. I'm now insured with these guys and total policy is costing me £146 for the year and this includes having full business use. Any driver over 25. And a free Mot worth £39.

Also now a card with my name on has arrived in the post allowing me 10% off all purchases made this year at any Kwik fit centre.

So I guess comparison sites work for some and not for others but I agree shopping around not only online but with companies that don't uses comparison sites might just save you a few quid.

Dazza

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, same as most, I always shop around when my renewal comes through. There's only one occasion where I haven't found it cheaper and that was with Direct line a few years back. But no mods on mine so don't have to take this into consideration.

Also, I think the loyalty points died a death, they don't even try that hard to keep you anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts