UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

new to the site so bare with me. Oh and "Hi"

My girlfriend has an Audi A3 2ltr diesel on a 52 reg. About 2 or 3 times a wk it'll randomly cut out, no warning just dies. Try and start the car and it turns but won't fire, after about 3 or 4 attempts it flashs up with the oil sign on the dash. Top it up with oil and eventually it starts up and runs.

The oil level is spit on (prior to having to put oil in it) so it doesn't actually need oil but it wants it. I don't wanna be over filling it and busting seals so this isn't a solution at all. I've changed the oil and filter and still the problem persists.

Somone suggested the 109 relay so I got myself one but I can't find the bloody thing. It's not under the bonnet and I've looked under the dash and although I found more relays I didn't find 109.

Any help, thoughts would be great as I'm pretty stumped!!!!

Cheers
Charlie

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It will give that warning light with a lot of cranking, and its not got anythign to do with the actual oil level.

Maybe get it scanned but it can be a lot of things that could give those symptoms. Itll be best diagnosed when the problem is still happening sadly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts