UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How annoying! I thought I'd start the weekend's cleaning marathon a little early today so decided to get the wheels off to give them a good clean and wax, along with cleaning the arches.

So outside I went, took all the bolts out and tried to remove the front wheel but it wouldn't budge. After trying for a while, I gave up on that one and moved on to the back.....yup, that's seized on as well. Didn't fancy wrestling with it too much as it was only on the widow maker so I gave up in the end!

I hope it's not a sign of a bad weekend to come!!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote user="stevee"]

rubber hammer on tyre from behind

[/quote]

Tried something similar (wooden block + hammer on tyre) but no joy. I'll give the 3, 6, 9, 12 o'clock a try later.

Will definitely be applying some copper grease to the area before refitting (if I ever get the damned wheels off!).

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I think I'll go and invest in some axle stands if I get time to take the wheels off today (ar attempt to).

Whilst I was trying yesterday, I'd got the widow maker with a trolley jack taking some weight as insurance!

Audi advice was to give it a good kick from behind and then copper grease before refitting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Car on ground, loosen all the wheel nuts 2-3 turns but do not remove.

Rock the car side to side and you should hear the wheel clunk free.

If that fails drive one metre back, one metre forward slowly until they are free.

Normally the 1st method works all the time, only once I've had to do the latter.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote user="ct.p"]

Car on ground, loosen all the wheel nuts 2-3 turns but do not remove.

[/quote]

Funnily enough, I did think about that but came to the conclusion that I might cause damage to something!

·
Registered
607 Posts
i had same problem with mine last month luckily for me had it on 2 post ramp so just beet hell out of it on tyre untile it gave must be heat from brakes or something i hit the tyre with a lump hammer and it came straight of. even when copperslipped the on rear was still in need of hammering again this week lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts