UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to cancel the petrol warning light when it comes on to warn of low fuel?

I don't want to turn it off completely - it's just that a fuel symbol over-rides the outside temperature display and I wondered if you could clear the warning and go back to the temperature display, to sort of acknowledge the low fuel warning?

Not that it is a big issue, as I don't plan to drive around on low fuel many times, but I just wondered if there was some sort of button combination to acknowledge the warning? I've tried pressing the reset button for the trip meter but that doesn't seem to work?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wondered the same thing, or more acurately I wondered if the threshold could be changed using vag-com.

In my A3 the warning light comes on around 50 miles, I'd like it to come on about 25 miles from empty.

If I'm only going to work and back, 50 miles is about a weeks worth of driving!

Whilst I'm on the subject I wonder if the same can be done for the washer bottle warning, I drove all the way from MK to Blackpool and back with the light on (New Years Eve so I was using plenty of water!) and it never ran out - seems a bit excessive to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts