UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....I went Christmas shopping today and, amongst other things, bought a card for the wife and a card for my daughter - how much? I'll tell you how much. Almost £10 [:O], that's how much. £10! Nothing particularly special about them either. £10! What an outrage. £10!

Bah humbug.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote user="richwig83"]

I imagine they are handmade cards??

[/quote]

Handmade by angels I'd hope, given the price. (£10).

But no, I don't think they're even hand made.

Damian, they were £10. £10.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hey dont know if anyone has seen the adverts on TV but there are shops selling christmas cards off very cheap,they only want a £10 for 2,now thats a bargain

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Tesco value cards were so tempting but I value my nuts way too much to send one of those to my wife.

Damian, if I'm scrooge, you'll have to be Tiny Tim, what with your gammy leg and all. [:D]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the spirit, Dave. [Y] [clap]

Yes Gav, I bought them presents, I'm not that much of a scrooge. Actually, didn't buy my daughter anything as the wife and I do that together but I got something for the wife.

I don't mind spending money on presents, it's just cards. They're such a rip off! I'd love to see the markup they make on them. I bet it's astronomical.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
[quote user="davelincs"]

whats wrong with the 10 for pound christmas cards ?

[/quote]

Dave doesn't know 10 people. There's his wife and daughter and then he's stuck coz the dog can't read..

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damian, I think you've shown your true colours now. Cruel. Very cruel. And at Christmas time too. [:(]

FYI, my dog's dyslexic, not illiterate (and yes, I did have to spell check that first!)

[<:eek:)]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't think it does. [:'(]

The other one was from my photobucket account. I was so upset by your comments I uploaded it on there, just so I could use it above! [<:eek:)]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Remember, Santa loves all the children, including the ginger ones (just picking up on the tesco comments earlier!)

I've yet again failed to send mine, think I'm in the doghouse again. I've got some amazing hand-made ones though - 2.50 a pop.

Sorry Dave, REALLY didn't mean to rub it in... [:D]

C

1 - 20 of 32 Posts