UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I currently own a Mk4 Golf Anniversary PD 150, which I will be selling soon.
I am interested in an A4 convertible as my next car and would like some help as to what engine is best (ideally looking for a diesel) and what equipment it is that i should be looking for as well. I am looking at either a B6 or B7.

I have tried several searches and read lots of informative posts on here so far.

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Welcome to the site [Y]. Have you found Stevee's buying guide thread? He's got some good info on there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I have read Stevee's guide which was useful as to what to look out for.

I want your guys opinions on what is the preferred engine and why and the equipment that is "must have"

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Ah, I see. My mate has the 3.0TDi and it's a beauty. Lovely car. [Y]. Spec-wise - sat nav, bluetooth, multi function steering wheel...the list is endless to be honest. A lot of it can be retro fitted though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again....

is there a specific stereo that I should look for, i need to do the following....

*connect my iPhone via bluetooth for hands free calling.

*connect my iPod so that i have control through the stereo.

as long as it can handle that I am not too fussy [:)]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
You'll need OEM bluetooth AND the multi function steering wheel for true handsfree. BT without MFSW means you have to answer calls by pressing the buttons on your phone as far as I know. You could opt for an aftermarket head unit with BT though so thats something to consider.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've had a few A4 Convertibles!

Personally I don't like diesal convertibles to be honest and you don't get the twin pipes on them either :(

I'd do the 1.8T "Quattro" - the Quattro models are much rarer. The 1.8T is economical yet tuneable if needed.

Options wise, mine was fully loaded and the best bits are:

Electric Folding Mirrors

Front AND Rear Parking Sensors

Xenon Lights

Heated Seats

Make sure you get one with a double din headunit - much better for Sat Nav upgrades etc

If you want any help hit me with it, and if your looking for a 1.8T Quattro in a few months mine will be for sale!!

Oh, and don't buy either the light blue or gold models, they look rubbish!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh, and:

Fridge

Ablient Floor Lighting and

Wind Deflector!

If you need a breakdown of the option prices let me know as I've still got my invoice and it's got all the individual prices on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for your response Chris.

I only put diesel as I currently have the PD150 in my golf Mk4 and have been really impressed with the performance and economy of it, but i could be swayed into looking at the petrols.

thanks for the list of options to keep a look out for, that is exactly what i was after.

sorry to sound like a real noob - but a fridge?? where is that located??

just to make my search even harder the new car will have to be red, like my tornado red anni :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'd get the 3.0TDI (B7) too, it's the same mpg as the 1.8T, but the 1.8 only has 160bhp, the 3.0 is 200 (or 230ish if you get the "3.0TDI TDV") That will map near 300bhp!

The 3.0 is a lovely engine and will go on forever!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts