UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, just poped over from ukmk4's, as i am selling my 4 mo, and have been currently looking at an a3 2.0tdi with dsg, also want heated leather's, i want to spend around 7 k on a 53 plate, can you guys give me some advice on specs etc, and whats good or bad, and also any links.

Any advice is appreaicated

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Welcome across Lee - we're a lot more chilled over here !

that's a tight budget you've got there, been looking for long ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow so this forum is alive lol i was begining to think no one would answer me. Thanks damien, yes thats my budjet, but i have already seen a few within that figure just need to sell my car first. Do you know what kind of power can be got out these ?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hi Lee welcome across mate,that budget does seem a bit low for a DSG diesel,i havnt had a look but i thought A3's were holding there value well so i would have thought to pick one up around that it would be very high mileage or poor spec

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
My mk5 gt tdi was running 191bhp - I seem to recall Beddie's a3 was higher than that on a bluefin map. Curley had one as well ( and a dsg ) which was running mid 180s. You'll expect the torque to be 280-295lbft post remap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, high mileage does not bother me as i am a mechanic so i can live with it.

There is one on ebay now for 7300 i think, so if my car goes soon i will have a look at it, is there common problems for me check as i see it they are fairly robust and the dsg box's seem as solid as bricks an mortar lol.

What kind of specs do they come in, as if i had to up the money a little i would ?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Welcome over Lee.

Have you driven a DSG car before? I'd recommend taking one for a test drive - some people love them, some people hate them! Also, there's a DSG recall on certain models so have a look into that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah have driven loads on road test pal, might get the 3.2 now but can see me fueling it again just like the 4 mo [*-)]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="motionlee"]

Yeah have driven loads on road test pal, might get the 3.2 now but can see me fueling it again just like the 4 mo

[/quote]

What figures were you getting from 4mo? to a tank & round town etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys i was getting 21 mpg round town and 30 on the motorway, yes i have found a 3.2 dsg on 72k round the corner at 6k due to it being a cat d which does not bother me, am going to view it on sunday, its got heated leather etc, cruise, bose sound.

Hi dougal pal, i have sold the golf and he picks up next sat, he as paid £500 despoit and owes £4500, the reason i sold it was it was 10 years old and i was going to put an r32 engine in at 1200 quid, so i thought sod it i will sell mine and put that to a newer car. I will stay with ukmk4s as i do some lads cars on there and am setting up my own garage this year so i hope to get a bit more work from over there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts