UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just bought a Audi A4 56 plate S Line avant in a very dark blue(almost black), not sure what the colour is, but it shines a beautiful deep metallic blue in sunlight. Anyway, theres a scuff on the front bumper and the rear bumper has a few scratches where a dogs been jumping in/out. Also a couple of scratches on the passenger door and 2 tiny dents on the bonnet. All wheels are very slightly scuffed(lady driver). I've clayed and waxed car, but needs a good machine polish to remove swirls. Wondered which way to go as to regards repairs as I'm a bit of a perfectionist! Wondered how much full bumper resprays are, or smart aka taketheweekendoff do insurance which seems cheap, but incurrs an excess cost per claim. Any ideas??

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Just had a quick look and Panelcare charge ?85 +VAT for a bumper so I'd say you'd be looking at ?100 -?200.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ideally ring round any local bodyshops for quotes, most importantly make sure they stick to it and ask if you can see some of their similar previous work. assuming they're not money grabbing-halfajob-bodgers they should be more than happy to show off their skills!

and then is up to you what you want to compromise between price and quality etc. Personally i'd have a crack at it myself and if it looks sh1te just carry on to the shop haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts