UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone, hows tricks...due to my job and the travelling involved (and the fact i like to drive) ive decided the way forward for me is a diesel....coming from a person that was as much anti derv as dent reform (if you know the name, you probably know who im on about..lol) i now think an oil burner has as much to offer as a petrol, but im a little stuck...and thats where i hope my first of many posts can be answered:

im looking at an audi a6 2.5 v6 tdi, on a T plate (not that it looks it) and done over 100k...what are the main gripes on this model...hows the mpg round town and on a run etc??

someone, anyone care to help? all opinions welcome good, bad whatever...

regards

Dave

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
The 2.5 tdi will never be as good as the 1.9tdi. I will try to find what power they are. The v6 is a very smooth unit, but I'd say it's 15-20% less fuel effiecient than the 1.9.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both have got to be better than a mk4 golf 1.8t on juice you'd think, or hope...i know the A4 like the bora is remappable but be nice to find out figures if you could?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
The 2.5tdi seems to be 150bhp in a T reg. I'd say you would get 40 out of it. But a 1.9 would be as quick though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guess without throwing it on a rolling road i wont know for sure...where you get the info from stevee if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gees..talk about "which one is yours?"....i know the one im looking at is an A6 2.5 TDI V6 Sport 4dr, Diesel, manual...that should narrow it...lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok..another question...how do you describe how to tell the difference between the 90, 100, 110, 115, 130 and 150 ps engine, would it be on any document?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts