UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , im looking at buying a bluefin in the next two weeks. is there anyway of getting discount by being a member of this forum? if not wher would be the cheapest place???

cheers rob

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi, sometimes the best way to get a discount is a bulk buy, it's sometimes worth contacting Superchips and asking if they will do a discount. If they are willing to, put an ad on here and uk-mkvs.net and see if you can get the numbers up!

Hope this helps, good luck,

Dave

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am looking into these Bluefin computers, Iv'e had a normal map, but quite like the fact of being able to switch back.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Bear in mind that Bluefin will alter your flash counter so everytime you set it back to factory and then remap, the counter will change so Audi can tell ( if they look ) that the car is remapped. Revo does not alter the counter, so it's flashed and reset to the count that it was when you arrived at the dealer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote user="damianmkv"]Bear in mind that Bluefin will alter your flash counter so everytime you set it back to factory and then remap, the counter will change so Audi can tell ( if they look ) that the car is remapped. Revo does not alter the counter, so it's flashed and reset to the count that it was when you arrived at the dealer.

[/quote]

so will bluefin make my audi warranty void????

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Yes but Superchips have a warranty that if you suffer a problem due to the remap, they'll pay. Proving it may be different of course.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
As an aside, I ran Superchips on my mk5 for 4 years and 75000 miles. In that time, I had a new turbo and 50 dealer visits with no problems at the dealership or with the warranty at all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi, just installed bluefin on my car, had a few problems getting the software on the pc to work but its fantastic i can feel the difference straight away. i was wondering now that i have bluefin would i be able to map any car from the VAG group????????

comments welcome

cheers rob

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote user="damianmkv"]No. You can only use BF on one car, unless you send it back to Superchips
And I think they charge about £100

[/quote]

oh ok, least i can use it on my next car then

1 - 17 of 17 Posts