UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again it's shafted me! Last time I upgraded from version 1 to version 2 I had major problems. And it's done it again. I've held off from Version 3 simply because I knew I'd have trouble, but I decided this morning to go ahead. And what has it done to me? It's found an old profile somewhere in the bowels of the hard drive, decided that's the correct and valid one for me, updated that one, and somehow deleted my valid current profile.

Okay, not a major issue is it. Yes it is!

All my bookmarks have gone and been replaced with 5 year old settings. All my saved passwords have gone and 5 year old ones are now there instead. I'll have to delete everything and go back through the whole palaver of revisiting all my sites and logging in to save the passwords again. Happy feckin Easter Sunday. [aggro]

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I know most, if not all of them. Just that I don't like change, Everything was how I liked it, all my interesting stuff (like threads on forums I often refer to) were all saved in bookmarks, and they're all gone.

Been looking for a new car and had half a dozen bookmarked, with the price in the header so I could reference them once a day or so and see how the price was changing. All gone! Just searching Ebay and Autotrader now to put them all back.

Oh, and I tried System restore, but that went through all the motions then told me it couldn't do it. That's good innit.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Yes its crap, or it was when i tried it,probably 18mths ago, back with internet explorer8

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Since i switched to firefox my computer seems to just run slow like there is always something loading up in the back ground

1 - 6 of 6 Posts