UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught the daughter heading out of the house the other day to clean the inside of her car. Armed with a couple of my nice new microfibre cloths (that's okay, it's what they're for, after all), an aerosol spray tin of furniture polish (with beeswax no less), and a spray bottle of Flash with bleach!

Managed to convince her it wasn't a good idea and told her to use a bucket of warm water with a little washing up liquid if it was really dirty (and it was), then a dry with a cloth, then use some daft dashwipes the wife bought me one day when she was feeling generous.

So, daughter went to work today and left the car at home so I did the inside with Autoglym Vinyl / Rubber stuff. See if she notices eh. [<:eek:)]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
With bleach??? [:O] That could've been a costly mistake!

Unless she was fooling you into cleaning it for her, of course [:cool:]

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, she was serious. But it's her first car, and she's only 18, and I doubt she'll do the same next time. She's already learned that hitting other cars means you pay for your car to be fixed and then your insurance goes up when they pay for the other car to be fixed.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, not really worth it. It's a 10 year old Yaris which has suffered somewhat in all departments, and cleaning will not help. [:D] If she feels the need to clean it she can use any of my stuff under my direction, and we won't have another shelf in the garage full of stuff.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I thought you meant it had a bathroom tiled interior with her heading off with the bleach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts