UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my remap done last night by bloke from Cheshire Autotech, nice fella, and car goes much better now, still early days though, not had chance for a proper test but traction control comes on when give it a boot full in the dry, which it didn't before.

I'm off to France on Monday for 10 days, so i'll let you know how she goes after 2000 miles.

Was having trouble with insurance covering the remap.. My existing company wouldn't touch it.. I was paying £539.00 with Zurich-Connect.

Best i could find on any of the comparison site's was £700 with the remap [brick]

Spoke to company called A-Plan and they found me a quote for £510 including the map. [clap] So it was bye bye to Zurich, still not brilliant seeing as i'm 35 with 11 years NCB and been driving for 18 years, aparently it's my Manchester/Stockport postcode.. bloke up the road with an A3 has same problem!

A-Plan asked about my previous cars (old Porsche 911 and BMW 540) and this was taken into account as i've had reasonably fast cars before.

Anyway... Here's the piccys...

Cheers gents.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers fella, just Turtle Wax Ice synthetic polish, quite good stuff and easy to do, doesn't really require loads of rubbing, but it could do with a good clay baring really.

I don't really buy into all these expensive detailing products, i just think a quick polish done every month or so is more than adequate. but that's only my opinion though.

There is the odd mark here and there, it's not perfect.

Having said that, a mate of mine has a machine polisher, i've been trying to get him to do it for me..

Thanks again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Tell me about the manchester postcode - its a right PITA to get insured and i se to live in the dodgy areas of manchester too :(

Nothing beats the look of a waxed black motor - paint looks in awesome condition!

Really nice motor fella - what mods have you got planned?

I think the debagded look would look good with the aluminium mirrors!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not too sure yet fella, with regards to the mods... Depends what the missus won't notice! [whistle]

Quite fancy a set of RS4 rep's in gunmetal.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Excellent ,looks very good Whitechameleon,them new wheels will look 100% better, enjoy your trip to france

·
Registered
607 Posts
liking the gunmetal wheels plan mate, did you try adrian flux for the insurance? im paying £610 and im 24 with 2.0tdi remapped, exhaust, lowered and 18's. oh and i drive for a living so that knocks it up too!! looking nice and clean though mate, id go wheels and drop it down onto them and that will looks the nuts!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did try Adrian Flux and they couldn't get Anywhere near the price.. It's all down to the postcode mate.. Manchester is a particularily bad area for car crime.

Tried it with my mate's postcode, who lives out in the sticks and it came back at £400 [:'(]

·
Registered
902 Posts
Lovely looking car mate, especially in black! Loving the spot valance on the front - will be getting that at some point myself. (Thje middle grille there costs £70 by the way, so take care of it!)

I've been looking at those wheels too, they look great. Though I'm also tempted by 18" S5's too - they are made for big brakes though, so would have to do that too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts