UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email from drivethedeal advising they've reduced their prices on the A3. So I had a quick look and the deal is now around 12.3% off...or pretty much £3000 !!! Wonder if they'll be better deals to come as I see that VW and BMW are postponing deliveries of aluminium as falling car sales are resulting in production slow downs

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Funny that you should post this today Damian. I was wondering if you'd made any decision this morning.

I had an email from Audi yesterday.....11% discount.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
BTW, do the brokers discount the optional extras too, or just the car?

What does the drivethedeal discount work out at when you include their commission?

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TBH, I'm not sure Dave. With DtD, it just comes as a price with a saving. I'd assume that the options are discounted but I'm not 100%.

No decision made yet - its really not a good time for our company ATM. The metals we trade have fallen by 30% in a month, leaving us with a potential $500,000 loss on our stock of just one product.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are dealerships discounting factory build cars to the tune of 10%, or just ones they have in stock?

I went my local delaer yesterday and the salesman kept stating that they had a full order book and the prices had slightly increased from the brochure price! Probably all part of the saleman talk, and to be fair I hadn't got to the negiogiation of the price, but I would be interested to hear what sort of reactions others have had with recent purchases/enquires.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Yes, you can achieve 10% on factory build cars.

Try an online broker for a guide to the levels of discount, print them off and head to a dealer. Get him to match it or as close as he can get (in writing), take that offer to another dealer and do the same there.

If you put the work in, decent discounts are to be had. If a particular dealer won't play ball, go elsewhere. Just be aware that you may have to do some travelling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts