UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have them in their garden ? We have one that flies round at dusk - and had a pair at our last house too. None of our friends have them though so I just wondered how common they are ? We live on a residential, non estate road so we aren't rural...

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Not sure if we have them here or not, but we had them at our previous house. If you look out for them, you'd see a black flash every now and then! Fast little critters.

The local golf club / hotel had a barn that they wanted to turn into an extension to the complex but they discovered bats in there so all work had to be stopped.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
At our old house we used to see them all the time , we only moved 4 miles up the road so to speak and hardly see any , whether they are dying off or not i have no idea

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
We have loads round our village with it been surrounded by farms,fields and woods,i used to sit amazement with the bombing around but now i sit in amazement of things that sound very close to pronounce but it begins with a 'T' and then a 'W' and there normally bombing around in saxo's,corsa's & focus's most of the time

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="leach76"]

We have loads round our village with it been surrounded by farms,fields and woods,i used to sit amazement with the bombing around but now i sit in amazement of things that sound very close to pronounce but it begins with a 'T' and then a 'W' and there normally bombing around in saxo's,corsa's & focus's most of the time

[/quote]

Tell me about it leach, its 50cc motor bikes that sound like a cats being strangled

·
Registered
425 Posts
My g/fs parents (Ramsbottom, lancs) have bats in there house!! LOADS of them... we counted over 80 on one night last year as they live in the eves of their house.

I tried to take some photos of them but wasnt very successful!

Very cool animals tho! [Y]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
If they are lodging in your house though, your not allowed to get rid of them as they are protected. Their crap is supposed to be bit dangerous for kids....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts