UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent the day in Birmingham today. Now, I don't know whether it's a "major city" thing but the standards of driving I've witnessed today is frightening. One driver had to perform an emergency stop (locking her wheels up) when she finally realised she was driving the wrong way up a dual carriageway, drivers being so engrossed in a police car pulling over another driver that they literally lost the ability to drive, a driver who almost drove into a traffic light, drivers running red (not amber) lights, drivers so impatient they try to squeeze into any gap or don't bother giving way......the list is endless.

I'm just relieved to have made it home without incident!! I'm genuinely shocked at how many bad drivers there are on the roads. [:O] Frightening.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not convinced its limited to cities im afraid...I was following my mrs home yesterday from her shop (normal distance behind her 30mph) and some old dude just pulled straight into the gap in a little old corsa, not looking, not nipping out just calmly idling out. AARRRGH brakes lol!! Proper gets you mad after you spend so much money on insurance etc every year all because of people that just don't care like that.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I know what you mean. How do people manage to get through the day safely? I was following an old diddy in a corsa. Before a dual carriageway she went round the roundabout the wrong way and was all over the road. I felt bad but I rang the police with the reg because she is a danger to herself. I tooted the horn when she went the wrong way round the roundabout and she did a 3 point turn in the middle of it!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i hate it when people are waiting to turn right off a side road to be going on to the road you are on but heading towards the opposite direction and the car in front of you is turning left so they think they can get through a gap in front of you to go the other direction where the moving car has turned off,even though there at a standing start

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Move to Lincolnshire, just the odd horse and cart to deal with, i wish

i think the standard of driving as gone down hill over the past few years

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="davelincs"]

Move to Lincolnshire, just the odd horse and cart to deal with, i wish

i think the standard of driving as gone down hill over the past few years

[/quote]